---
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone."
PSN: YoshiMan123. Don't talk. Do.
#72Laylow12Posted 8/19/2014 5:26:50 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
dnmt posted...
TheGleamEyes posted...
Retconn'd lol

[UPDATE] Microsoft has now removed the 5 million figure from its original Xbox Wire blog post.

Oh. My God.

My sides. The jokes write themselves.

Owie Maui!

Sounds like they were afraid of getting sued by investors for claiming 5,000,000 sold when it might not even be 4,000,000. They've got to be careful with those claims because it all comes out in the quarterly report!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#73adonfrazPosted 8/19/2014 6:22:38 PM
Setzera posted...
TheGleamEyes posted...
[UPDATE] Microsoft has now removed the 5 million figure from its original Xbox Wire blog post.

Came here to say this. But..

I can see how they tried to figure out sales based on that, but it's pretty obvious Microsoft doesn't want anyone to know. Their reasons are their own though, despite any speculations.

I personally think the Xbox isn't selling as well as they had hoped, and they will say something like "our console isn't intended to compete with Sony's, we have an all in one entertainment unit which puts it in a different market", when they finally release sales figures. Even though most gamers don't agree with a statement like that.

I'm not trying to harp on Xbox, or Microsoft, or anyone that has their console. I'm just stating my opinion on what I think will end up happening.

Well, you'd be wrong since Phil Spencer is on the record stating they're in direct competition with Sony and they want to win.

Of course Xbox isn't, but competition is good for gamers (Tomb Raider aside). Not really sure why fanboys don't get that.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
#74Dieinafire1Posted 8/19/2014 6:25:49 PM
PS4 just hit 11 million today
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.4 ghz | MSI 990FXA-GD65 V2 | EVGA SLI TITANS | 16GB 1866 DDR3 | 850W Corsair | Win8.1 64bit | 3TB HDD 256 SSD | Hyper 212 Evo | 4K | PS4|Xbox1
#75EnclavePosted 8/19/2014 6:47:20 PM
Dieinafire1 posted...
PS4 just hit 11 million today

Proof? And please don't say VGChartz.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#76StrongBlackVinePosted 8/19/2014 6:53:35 PM
adonfraz posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
dnmt posted...
5 million, wow! Quite impressive. How many did the PS4 sell in comparison?

dnmt, you're just jealous that the Xbox One is catching up.

I believe Sonic said it best in his Dreamcast game... "Play time is overrrrrrr!"

The X1 won't ever get within 5 million units of the PS4 and that's okay. PS4 will win this gen by 10-15 million units.

The X1 has some great games releasing soon.

More like 30 million units. PS1 to N64 type results.
---
I'll carry your world
#77LorneMaIvoPosted 8/19/2014 6:54:59 PM
Enclave posted...

lol VGChartz under report Sony consoles all the time, while over reporting Xbox consoles. They still have the PS4 at 9.4m even though Sony reported a week back it's over 10m now, and the Xbox One at 5.1m even though Microsoft themselves just recanted their 5m report above.
#78EnclavePosted 8/19/2014 7:01:24 PM
LorneMaIvo posted...
Enclave posted...

lol VGChartz under report Sony consoles all the time, while over reporting Xbox consoles. They still have the PS4 at 9.4m even though Sony reported a week back it's over 10m now, and the Xbox One at 5.1m even though Microsoft themselves just recanted their 5m report above.

Yes, VGChartz is terrible, thus why I said "please don't say VGChartz". They're routinely terrible and wrong.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#79LorneMaIvoPosted 8/19/2014 7:08:19 PM
Enclave posted...
Yes, VGChartz is terrible, thus why I said "please don't say VGChartz". They're routinely terrible and wrong.

Yeah, but at the detriment of Xbox. They over report Xbox and under report PlayStation, so the gap between the two is always much worse than it is.
#80ArmorWolf01Posted 8/20/2014 10:41:18 AM
Good stuff.....those Bundles will defitnely help the Xbox One sales even more.
---
"When a man talks dirty to a woman its sexual harassment but when a woman talks dirty to a man its $4.95 a minute."
3DS FC: 4296-3378-8394