will disc install/load times ever match ps4?

#1destiny1990Posted 8/19/2014 11:24:00 AM
disc load/install times on ps4 are almost instanteous whereas on xbox they can take several hours.

is it possible (through software updates or optimizations) that the disc loading and install process can work exactly as it is on ps4?

or will xbox be stuck with very long load and install times for the rest of the gen? because using physical media on xbox is a chore.
#2OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/19/2014 11:24:55 AM
No.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#3Laylow12Posted 8/19/2014 11:26:49 AM
No chance.

Sonys "Cloud" beats MS "The Cloud™"

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#4koolboy123Posted 8/19/2014 11:27:08 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
No.

/topic
---
E6300 @ 1.86GHz / HP 0A60h / 1GB DDR2 @ 332MHz
Vaseline: the greatest liquid on earth
#5destiny1990(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 11:28:29 AM
anyone with technical experience or knowledge on things like this?

is anything like this possible with software updates and/or system optimization?
#6squarex8264Posted 8/19/2014 11:32:18 AM
destiny1990 posted...
anyone with technical experience or knowledge on things like this?

is anything like this possible with software updates and/or system optimization?

Is it possible through software to update this? Technically yes, but there could be reasons now that they have shipped the hardware why they would be unable to do this or make it just as fast as PS4.

Also, I believe the digital and disc downloads on PS4 are separate, where they are the same download on X1. This may cause it to also be slower, as well as how X1 prioritizes downloading patches when installing the game (since it treats it like downloading the digital copy).

But can there be updates in the future to optimize disc layout? Sure, always room for optimization going forward.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#7Apex-PlayerPosted 8/19/2014 11:48:04 AM(edited)
No.

Food for thought: This company wanted an all digital future.

It's not crazy until you think about how behind the curve they were with their ambition.
- Not designed for speed
- Can't play as you install, on games the ps4 can.
- Just now getting preloading
- No PS Now type program
- No Share Play feature
- Even broke the 360s party chat.

They wanted the future one way, built the machine another and then took a 180 into oblivion.

Just food for thought.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#8dnmtPosted 8/19/2014 11:35:00 AM
That would be physically impossible given the Xbone's hardware.
#9MrImpatient35Posted 8/19/2014 11:36:57 AM
My question is, will people ever stop lying about load times, when I have experienced anything nearly as long as they say? My guess is no.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#10duericPosted 8/19/2014 11:38:24 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
My question is, will people ever stop lying about load times, when I have experienced anything nearly as long as they say? My guess is no.

The topic is about install times. At least I think it is. Who complains abut load times anymore?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member