will disc install/load times ever match ps4?

#21ExempliGratiaPosted 8/19/2014 12:34:14 PM(edited)
destiny1990 posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
Anyone else NOT have very long download times on the XB1? I've never had to wait more than ten minutes to download a game. What do you guys all use? Dial up?

10 minutes? impressive.

i have fast internet, no dial up. i even tried wired connection, but it doesn't make much of a difference.

ghosts took 4 hours until it let me play while installing and another 5 hours to get the download to 100%

I might be confused but in another topic didn't you say you were getting an Xbox one? It hasn't been 9 hours since then.

Edit: Also remember the slow load times of some PS3 discs. Sony had experience with it already and were smart enough to fix it.

Microsoft obviously doesn't know how to do it properly or maybe the drive speed is the issue.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#22wrettcaughnPosted 8/19/2014 12:44:30 PM
I really need to get in front of a PS4 and check out these disc install speeds. For people to say they're able to start playing a game in a couple of minutes I'm just imagining someone putting in a Madden disc and being able to play in two minutes...but only being able to play an exhibition game against the CPU between the Broncos and the Seahawks...

Do PS4 owners have full access to all game modes during the install or are they prompted with "content is not yet installed" messages?
---
GT: wrettcaughn
#23Apex-PlayerPosted 8/19/2014 12:53:22 PM(edited)
wrettcaughn posted...
I really need to get in front of a PS4 and check out these disc install speeds. For people to say they're able to start playing a game in a couple of minutes I'm just imagining someone putting in a Madden disc and being able to play in two minutes...but only being able to play an exhibition game against the CPU between the Broncos and the Seahawks...

Do PS4 owners have full access to all game modes during the install or are they prompted with "content is not yet installed" messages?

If you ever try it.

Install -Injustice- seriously, 21 gigs installed in under 2 minutes.
Installed completely not just playable.
Most impressive i've had. (I did it twice to varify btw, do try it)

As for your question, games pick and choose. CoD has MP ready first, most others prioritize the story.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#24ExempliGratiaPosted 8/19/2014 12:49:35 PM
So TC which one is it do you have an Xbox one or are you looking for one?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#25duericPosted 8/19/2014 12:49:48 PM
wrettcaughn posted...

PS4 basically streams what it needs to for you to play while installing. Xbox One does not, and as far as I know cannot, do that.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#26xxnogamerxxPosted 8/19/2014 12:50:49 PM
I don't understand why some people says it takes hours for them. I installed diablo today and it was done in 10 minutes update and all.
#27Laylow12Posted 8/19/2014 12:54:37 PM
wrettcaughn posted...

It's legit. PS4 absolutely crushes the XBOX ONE.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#28HorridhalPosted 8/19/2014 12:55:02 PM
koolboy123 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
No.

/topic

---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#29duericPosted 8/19/2014 12:55:41 PM
xxnogamerxx posted...
I don't understand why some people says it takes hours for them. I installed diablo today and it was done in 10 minutes update and all.

Again, I think the topic uses misleading nomenclature.

That being said, it still took 10 minutes to install on Xbox One. Where as on PS4, people were probably up and running in much less time.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#30squarex8264Posted 8/19/2014 1:18:54 PM
dueric posted...

PS4 basically streams what it needs to for you to play while installing. Xbox One does not, and as far as I know cannot, do that.

Xbox One streams the content needed for the initial launch of the game as well. Both it and the PS4 download an initial chunk, then allow the player to play that chunk while the rest downloads in the background. What most people find is that barring large day 1 updates, PS4 can download that initial chunk a bit faster.

The percentage needed before the game is ready to launch is set by the game developer I believe. It depends what they want you to be able to play while you wait for the rest of the game to install. If I recall, Dead Rising 3 lets you start the game after 30-40% has installed.

The install times honestly don't bother me too much, unless I'm trying to play a game immediately. Most of the time when I go to play a game, I start the install, put my console into a low power state, and go to play it later that evening after work or later after dinner and it's ready to go.

A lot of the install times will also be mitigated once X1 introduces preinstall. At that point, people can queue up the game install days before the game is released, and then they will just need to put the disc in or buy the digital license to play. I think preinstall on both systems will pretty much make the issue obsolete.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade