will disc install/load times ever match ps4?

#31wrettcaughnPosted 8/19/2014 2:55:15 PM
Apex-Player posted...
wrettcaughn posted...
I really need to get in front of a PS4 and check out these disc install speeds. For people to say they're able to start playing a game in a couple of minutes I'm just imagining someone putting in a Madden disc and being able to play in two minutes...but only being able to play an exhibition game against the CPU between the Broncos and the Seahawks...

Do PS4 owners have full access to all game modes during the install or are they prompted with "content is not yet installed" messages?

If you ever try it.

Install -Injustice- seriously, 21 gigs installed in under 2 minutes.
Installed completely not just playable.
Most impressive i've had. (I did it twice to varify btw, do try it)

As for your question, games pick and choose. CoD has MP ready first, most others prioritize the story.

The PS4 transfers data at 175MB per second? Can the bluray drive even read that fast?
---
GT: wrettcaughn
#32Raddy8Posted 8/19/2014 3:23:33 PM
I can't speak for digital as I barely have digital games, and the ones I do I didn't sit there waiting to play. Disk though, I'm always given the option relatively quickly to start playing (Diablo for instance today, 5 minutes tops before the option popped up).

Are people just trying to install and download patches at the same time?
---
Gamertag: Pickle Swift
3DS friend code: 4339-2579-4895
#33bob15xPosted 8/19/2014 3:54:32 PM
lol apex actually thinks the ps4 can install 21gig game in 2 mins.

Well not that anyone took him serious in the first place but man, that is by far the dumbest thing I have heard anyone say on this site.
#34glassghost0Posted 8/19/2014 4:01:09 PM
All of my games have been done relatively fast.

I think DR3 took the longest, Watchdogs was the fastest, it really did take maybe 10-20 minutes
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#35Apex-PlayerPosted 8/19/2014 4:03:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#36ScRuiPosted 8/19/2014 4:19:56 PM
And you guys call yourselves hardcore gamers...

Get better ISPs... Or get better plans...

Hilarious how these fanpups have to go out of their way to make it sound like these 'so-called' slow install and/or download times are the Xbox ONEs fault...

Not one person I know that has the Xbox ONE and/or PS4 (including me) have issues like this...

Just an example:

When I got EA Access, I downloaded BF4, FIFA 14 and Peggle 2 in under 20 mins total... The time ot took me to jump in the shower and get dressed...

Stop making up excuses for your own lack of 2014 gaming necessities...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#37crynryanPosted 8/19/2014 4:21:32 PM
destiny1990 posted...
anyone with technical experience or knowledge on things like this?

You're comparing two different features. One that lets you install completely, and the other that lets you start a game while only 1-2% is installed.

You honestly can't compare the two, but not knowing any better people do that.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#38Apex-PlayerPosted 8/19/2014 4:23:22 PM
I just deleted it off my HD.

Installed it again in 2 minutes.
I even removed the disc and looked at the size of the game on my HD (reads as 22gig on the dash)

If you doubters ever buy a ps4, Injustice is the game that will make you kick your own ass for doubting the ps4.
Good Game.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#39MrImpatient35Posted 8/19/2014 4:25:06 PM
I meant to say install times, not loading times. My longest install time was for Dead Rising 3, with the 12 or 13gb update. Took about 35 minutes. I downloaded Titanfall digitally in 20 minutes.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#40wrettcaughnPosted 8/19/2014 4:31:29 PM
Apex-Player posted...
wrettcaughn posted...
Apex-Player posted...
wrettcaughn posted...
I really need to get in front of a PS4 and check out these disc install speeds. For people to say they're able to start playing a game in a couple of minutes I'm just imagining someone putting in a Madden disc and being able to play in two minutes...but only being able to play an exhibition game against the CPU between the Broncos and the Seahawks...

Do PS4 owners have full access to all game modes during the install or are they prompted with "content is not yet installed" messages?

If you ever try it.

Install -Injustice- seriously, 21 gigs installed in under 2 minutes.
Installed completely not just playable.
Most impressive i've had. (I did it twice to varify btw, do try it)

As for your question, games pick and choose. CoD has MP ready first, most others prioritize the story.

The PS4 transfers data at 175MB per second? Can the bluray drive even read that fast?

bob15x posted...
lol apex actually thinks the ps4 can install 21gig game in 2 mins.

Well not that anyone took him serious in the first place but man, that is by far the dumbest thing I have heard anyone say on this site.

If either of you two xbox fanboys ever buy a ps4, buy Injustice and try it yourself.

However they got it to work is outstanding but yes it's the full install.
You can see the progress bar you doubters, it also pops up 'injustice finished installing' once it's done.

I know you've never experienced anything like it because you bought an xbox lol, but until you try it your all just a bunch of haters trying to convince yourself the other console isn't way better with no bloody clue how fast the ps4 can be because you've never tried it.

Buy a ps4 - Buy Injustice - Watch (cry) whatever, you'll hate how slow your next gen xbox is after that GG.

Hater? Fanboy? All I did was ask a question. Xbox game installs take way too long and I've no doubt PS4 does it quicker... But 21GB in less than two minutes seems a tad exaggerated...
---
GT: wrettcaughn