will disc install/load times ever match ps4?

#71kyncaniPosted 8/22/2014 3:57:04 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Long answer: The Xbone has inferior hardware, so no.

Short answer: Hell no.

lol!!!

Not sure I would blame the hardware.

Problem lies with the Xbox One software I would guess.
#72TeleriumPosted 8/22/2014 7:19:22 AM(edited)
bob15x posted...
lol apex actually thinks the ps4 can install 21gig game in 2 mins.

Well not that anyone took him serious in the first place but man, that is by far the dumbest thing I have heard anyone say on this site.

It's not a lie I'm sure. Last weekend I convinced my cousin to get a PS4 on the way up here so he can Battlefield with my friend and I, went through setup then profile stuff, popped in battlefield and it started installing/downloading the update file. My cousin and I went to go check on some rice cooking and when we came back BF4 was on the main menu. I told my friend to watch it and when the update file was done check to see if the multiplayer menu worked/the game was done installing because it shouldn't have went by so fast. When we came back a couple minutes later again we started MP right up. But when I first got BF4 on launch I couldn't play MP for over an hour until it was finished installing, let alone get online because of the server overload. I had to campaign all night.

TL,DR: I've seen BF4 (50 gigs) install in under a few minutes (playable SP instantly) and up to an hour. Who knows how the PS4 voodoo works...? "Tides come in, tides go out, nobody knows how it happens!"

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o57fZrOCVO0
From :30 to 2:01 in this video. A minute and a half to fully install Battlefield, the biggest game as far as I know on either system.
#73SculptorOvFleshPosted 8/22/2014 7:44:45 AM(edited)
10 min to install AC:BF
12 to install DR3, inculding 16 gig patch.
15 to D/l Tintafall Digital.

"Hours to install" is pure and utter lies.
even with mid tier internet, 25 min at most.
It's 2014, people acting like they can only get a 56k phone line.

"Ps4 so much fastest" It's not a "true install" it install a game cache. then continues ti over time.
Xbox One install on files on disc.
#74ScRuiPosted 8/22/2014 7:46:40 AM
Telerium posted...
bob15x posted...

Well not that anyone took him serious in the first place but man, that is by far the dumbest thing I have heard anyone say on this site.

It's not a lie I'm sure. Last weekend I convinced my cousin to get a PS4 on the way up here so he can Battlefield with my friend and I, went through setup then profile stuff, popped in battlefield and it started installing/downloading the update file. My cousin and I went to go check on some rice cooking and when we came back BF4 was on the main menu. I told my friend to watch it and when the update file was done check to see if the multiplayer menu worked/the game was done installing because it shouldn't have went by so fast. When we came back a couple minutes later again we started MP right up. But when I first got BF4 on launch I couldn't play MP for over an hour until it was finished installing, let alone get online because of the server overload. I had to campaign all night.

TL,DR: I've seen BF4 (50 gigs) install in under a few minutes (playable SP instantly) and up to an hour. Who knows how the PS4 voodoo works...? "Tides come in, tides go out, nobody knows how it happens!"

From :30 to 2:01 in this video. A minute and a half to fully install Battlefield, the biggest game as far as I know on either system.

Wasn't fully installed, same thing happens on my PS4... it the same thing as the Xbox ONE saying 'ready to play' notification within 5 mins of starting an install...

I personally wait until the whole game is installed, before jumping in... but you can play the game within minutes of start of an install... unless you get prompted (on either system) that there is a patch download that will install too.. then your ISP will be a factor...

regardless I never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes, for any game to FULLY install, downloaded patches or not... on either console...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#75IceHuskyPosted 8/22/2014 7:49:49 AM
SculptorOvFlesh posted...

"Ps4 so much fastest" It's not a "true install" it install a game cache. then continues ti over time.

What kind of internet speed do you have where you can download a 16gig patch in 12 minutes or a 40gig+ game in 15 minutes? :O

A 16gig patch on my wireless DSL connection would take at least an hour or two, whereas a 40-60gig game would take 2 days of leaving my console on the entire time. lol
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004
#76SculptorOvFleshPosted 8/22/2014 7:51:52 AM
IceHusky posted...

What kind of internet speed do you have where you can download a 16gig patch in 12 minutes or a 40gig+ game in 15 minutes? :O

A 16gig patch on my wireless DSL connection would take at least an hour or two, whereas a 40-60gig game would take 2 days of leaving my console on the entire time. lol

Bold is the problem. Per haps stick to IoS and Android games.
50/d 3/u. No caps. Stable as hell.
#77ApekoppPosted 8/22/2014 7:56:33 AM
ScRui posted...
And you guys call yourselves hardcore gamers...

Get better ISPs... Or get better plans...

Hilarious how these fanpups have to go out of their way to make it sound like these 'so-called' slow install and/or download times are the Xbox ONEs fault...

Not one person I know that has the Xbox ONE and/or PS4 (including me) have issues like this...

Just an example:

When I got EA Access, I downloaded BF4, FIFA 14 and Peggle 2 in under 20 mins total... The time ot took me to jump in the shower and get dressed...

Stop making up excuses for your own lack of 2014 gaming necessities...

---
Once more into the fray / Into the last good fight I'll ever know / Live and die on this day / Live and die on this day
#78TeleriumPosted 8/22/2014 8:20:31 AM
ScRui posted...
Telerium posted...
bob15x posted...

Wasn't fully installed, same thing happens on my PS4... it the same thing as the Xbox ONE saying 'ready to play' notification within 5 mins of starting an install...

I personally wait until the whole game is installed, before jumping in... but you can play the game within minutes of start of an install... unless you get prompted (on either system) that there is a patch download that will install too.. then your ISP will be a factor...

regardless I never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes, for any game to FULLY install, downloaded patches or not... on either console...

I'm assuming it was in that video, as it took us about as long to start playing MP, which isn't part of the "play as you install" experience of BF4. It lets you play SP while you wait, and we were playing MP that fast. Also the bar was completely filled up. In games that let you play while installing there's usually some indicator in-game that tells you "___ segment is playable (not grayed out), installation __% complete" while the download bar's still going on the XMB. There's no reason to think that it wasn't fully installed in that video based on experience. The patch downloaded while it was installing by the way, didn't slow anything down. The patch was in before installation finished.
#79BushidoEffect3Posted 8/22/2014 9:39:58 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Bdi9K.jpg
---
http://youtu.be/lyOHNjZ-2qM For each dysfunctional topic:
http://i.minus.com/iGG4wROUf7R06.gif, http://i.minus.com/i9j4npQh4HF2D.gif, http://ow.ly/AbxB4
#80SculptorOvFleshPosted 8/22/2014 9:44:05 AM
BushidoEffect3 posted...

http://i.imgur.com/Bdi9K.jpg

Haters with 1999 internet.