What Other Publishers Would You Like to See Offer an EA Access?

#11duericPosted 8/19/2014 12:09:16 PM
SampsonM posted...

EA Access is a fantastic value. I got 4 games for $7.50 plus whatever games get added in the next 12 months.

How does one say "value" and "EA" in the same sentence without causing a black hole in the universe?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#12EnclavePosted 8/19/2014 12:11:06 PM
None, it's a massive slippery slope that's going to bite us all in the ass. Sony did the right thing by telling EA to sod off.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#13Laylow12Posted 8/19/2014 12:11:42 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
Apex-Player posted...
dnmt posted...
redditon4chan posted...
None.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#14MetroidFan9999Posted 8/19/2014 12:12:07 PM
Absolutely none, it's a terrible idea if everyone started doing it, consumers already have enough subscription services as is.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#15Laylow12Posted 8/19/2014 12:13:49 PM
Enclave posted...
None, it's a massive slippery slope that's going to bite us all in the ass. Sony did the right thing by telling EA to sod off.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#16tobydammitPosted 8/19/2014 12:25:13 PM
SampsonM posted...
tobydammit posted...
I'd like to see every publisher in the business offer their own subscription service - each with their own pricing and title availability limits. The whole process of turning on a console should be a meta-game where I don't know how much I'm being charged or which game's availability is about to expire.

I also want to get achievements for when my bank account is overdrawn because I forgot to cancel recurring memberships in 12 different subscription plans.

EA Access is a fantastic value. I got 4 games for $7.50 plus whatever games get added in the next 12 months.

Agreed. Great service.

I think the film/television industry should follow this model as well. Netflix should split into separate paid-subscription services for each studio/network. Fox can charge for its content, say, $5 a month, Universal could charge $6 and Disney could charge $9 - that way, if I want the flexibility of not paying to see anything made by Warner Brothers, I could opt out and only pay for the stuff I want.

So, using my example, I'm only paying $20 a month for my version of Netflix: Fox, Universal and Disney. That's great! In fact, I'd be up for splintering it all even further.

I say, let's set up subscription services up for each game/TV show/movie. I'd gladly pay a monthly subscription for Call of Duty or One Piece on their own. Actually, let's make that a twice a month subscription charge for every game or TV show or movie you'd like to play/watch. Two easy payments of $5 a month, plus processing fees, gets you "unlimited" playtime on Call of Duty (with overage charges) and viewing access for, say, Sword Art Online (season two only). Awesome!

The more choice, the better for the consumer and the more monthly charges, the better for the publishers. Bring it on!

I want a la carte everything. I want my bills to look like algebraic equations!
#17suicide machinePosted 8/19/2014 12:47:07 PM
---
Visit M Slender's Wide World of Gorts! Geeks and Sports Fans, unite!: http://m-slender.tumblr.com
GT: M Slender | Xb1 vids: http://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#18HeracylostPosted 8/19/2014 1:14:16 PM
dnmt posted...
redditon4chan posted...
None.

redditon4chan posted...
None.

None
#19RaukuePosted 8/19/2014 1:32:56 PM(edited)
Heracylost posted...
dnmt posted...
redditon4chan posted...
None.

redditon4chan posted...
None.

None

None. If you have to be told why then it's sad.
---
I enjoy open world/sandbox games.
#20eastofeastsidePosted 8/19/2014 1:36:41 PM
Explain why, I don't get how this kills gaming for you?