What Other Publishers Would You Like to See Offer an EA Access?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What Other Publishers Would You Like to See Offer an EA Access?
1 year ago#31
EA Access is quite good.

I subscribed just to play BF4 for 1-2 months

Plus there's Peggle 2

If you look at it as a rental service, it's quite amazing.

I mean right now, you can rent 4 games for 1 month for 5 bucks

Then there's the whole addition of future games
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
1 year ago#32
Someone still has not provided a reason why EA Access is a bad idea. For $30 a year I get early access to EA games before release date, I get 10% discount on all DLC, and so far I got to play Battlefield 4, Madden 25, Fifa 14, and Peggle 2. Not only that but they don't plan on taking any games out of the vault and plan on adding more games to it.

Sorry but that is a great value seeing as how I pay $15/month for Gamefly. This is $30/year, not to shabby once they start adding more games to it. The only negative people come up with is "just wait, it's EA!".

I hope more developers follow this, ill be saving myself some money in the long run.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Gears of War 3, Titanfall, Halo 4
1 year ago#33
Lord_Serpentor posted...
Enclave posted...
None, it's a massive slippery slope that's going to bite us all in the ass. Sony did the right thing by telling EA to sod off.

Exactly

Ok but HOW exactly do you see this biting "us" in the ass. Give some examples.
---
1 year ago#34
Already did, read the whole thread.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
1 year ago#35
Enclave posted...

I did, your one example is the Madden demo. Is that your complaint?
---
1 year ago#36
Jiggy101011 posted...
Someone still has not provided a reason why EA Access is a bad idea. For $30 a year I get early access to EA games before release date, I get 10% discount on all DLC, and so far I got to play Battlefield 4, Madden 25, Fifa 14, and Peggle 2. Not only that but they don't plan on taking any games out of the vault and plan on adding more games to it.

Sorry but that is a great value seeing as how I pay $15/month for Gamefly. This is $30/year, not to shabby once they start adding more games to it. The only negative people come up with is "just wait, it's EA!".

I hope more developers follow this, ill be saving myself some money in the long run.

Exactly, if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to subscribe. And if you tend to like or tend to buy a lot of games from that company, it's a great deal.

If I was in charge of Xbox at Microsoft, I'd be trying to get other companies to create their own. It'd be one way to maintain an advantage over Sony.

The argument against is -- "bad stuff could happen." They could make it mandatory to play EA games. They could lock DLC behind it. They could, they could they could.

It's like saying "it's bad they rised the price of games to $60. They could raise it to $70 next!"

Well, of course they could. That's how capitalism works. That's how markets work. If it's good value, people will buy it and the company will make money. If it's not good value, people won't buy and the company won't make money. A simple concept.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
1 year ago#37
Jiggy101011 posted...
Lord_Serpentor posted...
Enclave posted...
None, it's a massive slippery slope that's going to bite us all in the ass. Sony did the right thing by telling EA to sod off.

Exactly

When Ubisoft, Activision, Capcom, Square Enix, Konami, Deep Silver WB Games all start charging 5 dollars a month and no promises they they all offer up the 30 dollars a year EA does, when they start gating content behind the subscription programs. When they all stop offering their games on PS+ and Games with Gold and won't offer discounts on XBL or PSN since they want you to sub and at that point on once console your paying 250 dollars a year for subscriptions plus the cost of XBL and all that gets you is multiplier.

You see value now, that's fine what you don't see is the potential for abuse. When have any of these publishers ever shown restraint? Komani put out a 2 hour Metal Gear demo for 30 dollars, Capcom develops the DLC along with the game and then puts it all on the disc and then charges for it later, or releases Marvel Vs Capcom 3 less then a year later with new content. Unbisoft put out so many editions of Watch Dogs in various regions that a chart was needed to figure out what came from where. They all split up pre order dlc among as many retailers as possible. All of this and somehow we are suppose to trust them to offer us great value? Season passes for games that we don't even know if they are any good yet. Online passes all of this from the same people.
---
Official CAGN Moon Knight
PSN: LordSerpentor XBL:Serpentor10
1 year ago#38
Jiggy101011 posted...
Enclave posted...

If you can't be bothered to watch the video I posted that's not my problem.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
1 year ago#39
Lord_Serpentor posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
Lord_Serpentor posted...
Enclave posted...

Exactly

When Ubisoft, Activision, Capcom, Square Enix, Konami, Deep Silver WB Games all start charging 5 dollars a month and no promises they they all offer up the 30 dollars a year EA does, when they start gating content behind the subscription programs. When they all stop offering their games on PS+ and Games with Gold and won't offer discounts on XBL or PSN since they want you to sub and at that point on once console your paying 250 dollars a year for subscriptions plus the cost of XBL and all that gets you is multiplier.

You see value now, that's fine what you don't see is the potential for abuse. When have any of these publishers ever shown restraint? Komani put out a 2 hour Metal Gear demo for 30 dollars, Capcom develops the DLC along with the game and then puts it all on the disc and then charges for it later, or releases Marvel Vs Capcom 3 less then a year later with new content. Unbisoft put out so many editions of Watch Dogs in various regions that a chart was needed to figure out what came from where. They all split up pre order dlc among as many retailers as possible. All of this and somehow we are suppose to trust them to offer us great value? Season passes for games that we don't even know if they are any good yet. Online passes all of this from the same people.

That is a bunch of what if scenarios you have right there, none of them have concrete evidence that they will come to fruition. Right now EA Access is great deal, your argument is that down the line it may not be. Luckily you can either sign up for a year or sign up monthly so even if EA start doing what you are suggesting, I can go ahead and cancel my subscription.

Look at it like this, for $4.99 you can try out 4 games for a whole month. Please show me where I can play the full games of BF4, Fifa 14, Madden 25, and Peggle 2 for $4.99/month.
---
1 year ago#40
Enclave posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
Enclave posted...

If you can't be bothered to watch the video I posted that's not my problem.

I was more interested in getting your opinion on the subject, not Jim Sterlings, and so far all I have seen you say is the demo thing. Do you have any other examples? Or are they more what if scenarios?
---
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What Other Publishers Would You Like to See Offer an EA Access?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived