What Other Publishers Would You Like to See Offer an EA Access?

#41MinamoPosted 8/19/2014 4:32:02 PM
None. I like my demos free and my games complete.
#42EnclavePosted 8/19/2014 4:46:34 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
Enclave posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
Enclave posted...
Already did, read the whole thread.

I did, your one example is the Madden demo. Is that your complaint?

If you can't be bothered to watch the video I posted that's not my problem.

I was more interested in getting your opinion on the subject, not Jim Sterlings, and so far all I have seen you say is the demo thing. Do you have any other examples? Or are they more what if scenarios?

I've explained myself plenty of times on this board on this subject then along comes Jim Sterling saying everything I have been saying so I'm going to stick with his video, requires so much less effort for everything I've been saying since the announcement. Don't like it? Meh, I don't much care.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#43TrueGBPosted 8/19/2014 4:52:45 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
Someone still has not provided a reason why EA Access is a bad idea.

EA is legendary for lying, baiting and switching, and outright withholding or refusing services they purportedly sold you. Don't believe me? You can start with this random Google search I ran: https://www.google.ca/search?q=every+lie+EA+has+ever+uttered&btnG=Search&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr

EA Promises never to remove games from the vault: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-promises-not-to-remove-games-from-ea-access-fre/1100-6421567/

However, they state clear as day in their access terms they will:

"EA reserves the right to change and update the EA Access Services, and the EA Content offered through the EA Access Services without any liability to you. In particular, Vault Titles are subject to change and may be removed, and the online services for certain Vault Titles may be discontinued."

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/terms.html

You can literally be banned from EA games for something said in a forum: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.328868-EA-now-issuing-permanent-Origin-bans-through-content-filter

This one comes from Bioware when someone suggested EA is "the devil":

"A Bioware moderator responded to the poster's complaint on the Bioware forums.

Please review the EA Community Terms of Service, particularly sections #9 and #11. There are two levels of enforcement here:

1. BioWare community bans are forum-only and can be for as little as 24 hours. These bans should have no effect on your game, only your ability to use all the features of this website/community. these bans are handed out by BioWare Moderators as the result of our travels around the forum and/or issues reported by fellow community members.

2. EA Community bans come down from a different department and are the result of someone hitting the REPORT POST button. These bans can affect access to your game and/or DLC.

Consider it an added incentive to follow the rules you say you're going to follow."
---
Future Billionaire
#44AirTeasePosted 8/19/2014 5:37:37 PM
Damn the EA circlejerk is strong in here. I think EA Access is a pretty good and affordable service. It's not like they're forcing people to subscribe to play their games so I don't get all this hate. Also haven't seen a legitimate complaint yet aside from what "could" happen but most likely won't.

I would like to see Microsoft Studios try something like this. Same with Sony and PS Now doesn't really count.
#45EnclavePosted 8/19/2014 5:47:58 PM
AirTease posted...
Damn the EA circlejerk is strong in here. I think EA Access is a pretty good and affordable service. It's not like they're forcing people to subscribe to play their games so I don't get all this hate. Also haven't seen a legitimate complaint yet aside from what "could" happen but most likely won't.

I would like to see Microsoft Studios try something like this. Same with Sony and PS Now doesn't really count.

What "could" happen was EA locking the ability to demo games behind the paywall, games that previously had demos not behind a paywall. Cut to Madden 15 being only able to be demoed behind the paywall.

Seems the "could happen" complaints are already coming true.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.