Why arent more people using skype instead of party chat?

#1ZemataPosted 8/19/2014 1:15:55 PM
It can run a voice party behind games just like party chat, does text, has unlimited slots (afaik), and you can have people on other platforms in your party. It's obviously superior. Maybe people just haven't thought about it? I'm sure it'd be useful for clans and such where you have a group of more than 8 people.
---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zemata/ = My Lego Things.
soundcloud.com/zemata = My music things.
#2TheMuffinPosted 8/19/2014 1:28:49 PM
I do this with my friend. I don't own a One yet so I skype in on my phone to him and I can play 360 while he's on his one. Works great.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#3bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 8/19/2014 1:30:20 PM
You can hear the people in game chat and those people can hear you so skype is useless.
---
Get back in your rocket, and f*** off back to Legoland you c****!
#4Mr_KillstreakPosted 8/19/2014 1:30:49 PM
I've never used Skype, I only chat with one or 2 friends at a time so I don't need it.
#5Syn_VengeancePosted 8/19/2014 1:34:35 PM
Zemata posted...
It can run a voice party behind games just like party chat, does text, has unlimited slots (afaik), and you can have people on other platforms in your party. It's obviously superior. Maybe people just haven't thought about it? I'm sure it'd be useful for clans and such where you have a group of more than 8 people.

Cause I only talk to my one buddy in party chat and he owns an Xbox one, Plus I play video games most times at like 1am and nobody is awake. All my friends went next gen like a week or two after me so Skype is useless to me..
---
Currently Playing: COD: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Wolfestein: New Order, Watch_Dogs, Plants vs Zombies, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Counter Strike Source, Left 4 Dead 2