Any football fans that have tried Madden? How is the game?

#1BoomerTheGreatPosted 8/19/2014 12:45:21 PM
Topic. I plan to buy a X1 and Madden but I would like to hear feedback from people who may have tried it. I would like to know if there was any real improvements.
---
Greatness comes from within
#2kennyynnooPosted 8/19/2014 12:56:08 PM
Madden 15 isn't out.

Madden 25 is ok, the only way I like it is with broadcast cam, if anyone's hates it I would ask that they try broadcast cam if they haven't first. It's prettier then last gen but the same old game, same announcers. With broadcast cam , it looks like you're watch a real game though.
Madden 25 - Bears vs Bengals - Broadcast Cam - Plů: http://youtu.be/SkVrC59fLk8

Most people never try that angle, it's challenging but fun.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#3x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 8/19/2014 1:09:28 PM
I paid $5 for EA Access and gave Madden a chance. It was okay for the first game but after that I lost interest. I love football (Go Bears!) but I don't like Madden at all. The next NFL game I'll buy will be made by 2K Sports but who knows when or if that will ever happen again.

Madden killed football.
#4BoomerTheGreat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 1:11:37 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
I paid $5 for EA Access and gave Madden a chance. It was okay for the first game but after that I lost interest. I love football (Go Bears!) but I don't like Madden at all. The next NFL game I'll buy will be made by 2K Sports but who knows when or if that will ever happen again.

Madden killed football.

That scares me. I feel like Madden has gone downhill since they removed QB vision. Was there any gameplay differences?
---
#5x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 8/19/2014 1:14:09 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Madden killed football.

That scares me. I feel like Madden has gone downhill since they removed QB vision. Was there any gameplay differences?

No, it feels like Madden which to myself and a lot of others isn't a good thing. I would rather go back to NFL Fever which wasn't very good either. Bad tackling mechanics/animations and overall poor gameplay make it impossible for me to recommend. You may enjoy it but I can't. NHL 15, on the other hand, will be amazing just as the rest have been.
#6duericPosted 8/19/2014 1:15:19 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Madden killed football.

Dude, the cone was the worst feature ever. It was so universally hated.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#7x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 8/19/2014 1:17:03 PM
dueric posted...
BoomerTheGreat posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Madden killed football.

That dang cone made playing as Brady or Manning so much bigger of an advantage than it should have been. I couldn't stand it!
#8kennyynnooPosted 8/19/2014 1:17:35 PM
Just spend $5 and try ea access, you get Madden 25 for a month and Madden 15 for 6 hours later this week to try.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#9BoomerTheGreat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 1:19:53 PM
dueric posted...
BoomerTheGreat posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Madden killed football.

It was hated because people were using Christian Ponder, JaMarcus Russell and other terrible quaterbacks only to scramble. The QB vision punished those noobs, in which they began to cry. Also Madden has had terrible glitches lately like the Nano Blitz.
---
#10duericPosted 8/19/2014 1:20:29 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
dueric posted...
BoomerTheGreat posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Madden killed football.

That dang cone made playing as Brady or Manning so much bigger of an advantage than it should have been. I couldn't stand it!

It was a good idea in theory, but just wasn't very practical in practice.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member