Any football fans that have tried Madden? How is the game?

#11x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 8/19/2014 2:21:00 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Just spend $5 and try ea access, you get Madden 25 for a month and Madden 15 for 6 hours later this week to try.

Only 6 hours? Oh well, that's enough time for me to play it and become bored. Lol
#12BoomerTheGreat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 2:21:01 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
dueric posted...
BoomerTheGreat posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
I paid $5 for EA Access and gave Madden a chance. It was okay for the first game but after that I lost interest. I love football (Go Bears!) but I don't like Madden at all. The next NFL game I'll buy will be made by 2K Sports but who knows when or if that will ever happen again.

Madden killed football.

That scares me. I feel like Madden has gone downhill since they removed QB vision. Was there any gameplay differences?

Dude, the cone was the worst feature ever. It was so universally hated.

That dang cone made playing as Brady or Manning so much bigger of an advantage than it should have been. I couldn't stand it!

Thats how it should be. As a counter DBs could read your play.
---
Greatness comes from within
#13BoomerTheGreat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 2:21:34 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Just spend $5 and try ea access, you get Madden 25 for a month and Madden 15 for 6 hours later this week to try.

I dont have the X1 yet.
---
Greatness comes from within
#14PS4isallihavePosted 8/19/2014 2:25:08 PM
EA Sports isn't solely to blame for killing video game football. If anything, the NFL is responsible for putting the license up for grabs and continuing to renew it in the 10 years since.

They don't care about the quality of the product, like all suits they just care about the bottom line.
#15duericPosted 8/19/2014 2:26:11 PM
PS4isallihave posted...
EA Sports isn't solely to blame for killing video game football. If anything, the NFL is responsible for putting the license up for grabs and continuing to renew it in the 10 years since.

They don't care about the quality of the product, like all suits they just care about the bottom line.

In fairness, the contract is so valuable now that only EA can afford it.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#16kennyynnooPosted 8/19/2014 2:28:31 PM(edited)
BoomerTheGreat posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

I dont have the X1 yet.

Madden 25 is free on ea access so try it if you want It's $5 a month or $30 a year. You get Madden, fifa, peggle 2 and battlefield 4 free on it, they add games and give you full game trials.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#17Juzten76Posted 8/19/2014 3:18:49 PM
This madden is going to be a lot better than last year. It looks like they finally got it right again.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#18PS4isallihavePosted 8/19/2014 3:28:54 PM
Juzten76 posted...
This madden is going to be a lot better than last year. It looks like they finally got it right again.

That's said every year. Then we realize it's still a mess of broken animations and money plays.
#19kennyynnooPosted 8/19/2014 4:21:03 PM
PS4isallihave posted...
Juzten76 posted...

That's said every year. Then we realize it's still a mess of broken animations and money plays.

There is and always will be money plays. My issue has always been the camera angles. Ncaa with the coordinator cam was nice and the broadcast cam also is nice but they need to adjust the game so broadcast is easier to use, I often prefer that angle but after 10 yards you have no idea who's open. Coordinator cam on ncaa 14 was a great addition to. They need to work on the sideline AI and clean up animation some more also but it's all doable.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#20Madness2012Posted 8/19/2014 8:15:03 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
dueric posted...
BoomerTheGreat posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
I paid $5 for EA Access and gave Madden a chance. It was okay for the first game but after that I lost interest. I love football (Go Bears!) but I don't like Madden at all. The next NFL game I'll buy will be made by 2K Sports but who knows when or if that will ever happen again.

Madden killed football.

That scares me. I feel like Madden has gone downhill since they removed QB vision. Was there any gameplay differences?

Dude, the cone was the worst feature ever. It was so universally hated.

It was hated because people were using Christian Ponder, JaMarcus Russell and other terrible quaterbacks only to scramble. The QB vision punished those noobs, in which they began to cry. Also Madden has had terrible glitches lately like the Nano Blitz.

Hate to tell ya but Christian Ponder wasn't in the game when they had QB vision......