New to system, having weird issue

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. New to system, having weird issue
10 months ago#1
Hey, so I just got an xbox one, I've installed a few games and demos and I have a fairly good idea of how it works.

What's annoying me is every time I push the B button to go back if I'm at the dashboard it will ALWAYS boot up killer instinct. If I have no games running (as far as I know) and I am browsing the store and I push B several times to get back to my main dashboard K.I. will start itself up without fail every time.

What can I do to stop this? It's fairly irritating!
---
Timesplitters!
10 months ago#2
Stop pushing B in the dashboard.
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
10 months ago#3
Is the application closed? Sounds like it might be running and you just keep going back to it once you close everything else.
no idea, just taking a guess
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
10 months ago#4
Apex-Player posted...
Is the application closed? Sounds like it might be running and you just keep going back to it once you close everything else.
no idea, just taking a guess

As far as I know. When it starts I push the xbox button, then once back at the dashboard I press start, and go down to quit. It will still boot up if I press B from that point. Am I closing it correctly?

Also thank you for reply
---
Timesplitters!
10 months ago#5
Uninstall KI and then never install ever again.
10 months ago#6
B in the dashboard always boots the most recently ended app whether you totally closed it or not. And since you keep making that mistake over and over again it always ends up being killer instinct.
10 months ago#7
You are doing it right, it just reopens the last thing you were using when you hit the B button. If you were watching YouTube, then that would open.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
10 months ago#8
Yeah, I believe it is doing this because Killer Instinct was probably the last game you were playing before you quit it and went back to the dashboard.

So when you then went to some other menus and started pressing 'B' to go back on the stack, it actually is going all the way back to when you launched KI and is relaunching it for you.

If you're mashing 'B' to get back to Home, maybe try getting used to pressing the Xbox Guide button instead? The button always takes you back to the main Home screen no matter where you are. Pressing it may affect the stack too, but I'm not certain how far you can back step by pressing 'B'.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
10 months ago#9
You should just be pressing the xbox gem. One gen press goes straight to the dashboard no matter where else you are or what you were doing. Even if you had something snapped.
10 months ago#10
Ahh okay, that makes sense.

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate the help!
---
Timesplitters!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. New to system, having weird issue

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived