HELP, Disc drive made bad noises earlier

#1XtremeclanPosted 8/19/2014 2:57:41 PM
My original day one console broke last month, got it exchanged and the MS service center sent me a refurb console which i've only had for 3 weeks... a few hours ago i went to install Diablo 3 and the disc drive started making a loud clicking/buzzing sound.

Unplugged everything from it and left it a few hours, just tried it again and so far seems to be playing D3 fine.. have i dodged a bullet or is it bound to start happening more often do you think?
---
GameFAQs... So easy a caveman could do it.
GT: One Called Rich... Steam: One Called Rich
#26speednissanPosted 8/19/2014 5:42:44 PM
Mine started doing it too. I'm thinking about calling for a new one, but not if the refurb will do the same thing.
#3zelda60Posted 8/19/2014 6:11:25 PM
Honestly, your best bet is to call Microsoft and see what they say. This has been a well-reported issue, especially around launch, and most people ended up either sending it to Microsoft to be fixed, or returning it to the store. I can't say for sure that it will come back, but it is probably better to just have it dealt with now, than to continue on using it until it possibly happens again.

Just my two cents anyways!
---
Come watch my Twitch!: http://www.twitch.tv/L337saucee
Currently Streaming: Shadowrun Returns!
#4Xtremeclan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 3:16:14 PM
zelda60 posted...
Honestly, your best bet is to call Microsoft and see what they say. This has been a well-reported issue, especially around launch, and most people ended up either sending it to Microsoft to be fixed, or returning it to the store. I can't say for sure that it will come back, but it is probably better to just have it dealt with now, than to continue on using it until it possibly happens again.

Just my two cents anyways!

I've seen the videos from launch, those consoles made a loud sort of fast clicking sound... this is making a loud buzzing that clearly isn't normal.

It doesn't actually always do it but its getting more often, its annoying as i only had one faulty Xbox 360 in the whole 9 years i've had one... and in less than a year i'm going on to my third XB1.
---
GameFAQs... So easy a caveman could do it.
GT: One Called Rich... Steam: One Called Rich