Xbox One= Casual, PS4= Hardcore, Wii U= Family

#61SetzeraPosted 8/19/2014 6:32:19 PM
Since those terms are quite vague, in whether the consumers purchasing them are, for example, casuals, or the people that own the Xbone only play it casually, even though they themselves are hardcore. So I disagree.

I've been a gamer since the age of 5, and have played everything North America could throw at me since Atari 2600 (except Xbone), including a few import systems.

Yet, I barely own any games for last or current gen. I would probably be considered a casual based on what I currently own, yet for anyone that knows me, would definitely not consider me casual. Then again I'm not hardcore, or have a family.

Just a gamer.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#62JeroisourosinPosted 8/19/2014 6:36:13 PM
Setzera posted...
Since those terms are quite vague, in whether the consumers purchasing them are, for example, casuals, or the people that own the Xbone only play it casually, even though they themselves are hardcore. So I disagree.

I've been a gamer since the age of 5, and have played everything North America could throw at me since Atari 2600 (except Xbone), including a few import systems.

Yet, I barely own any games for last or current gen. I would probably be considered a casual based on what I currently own, yet for anyone that knows me, would definitely not consider me casual. Then again I'm not hardcore, or have a family.

Just a gamer.

As stated previously to a poster of the previous page, a logical gaming mentality is forbidden as just being a gamer isn't good enough without some brand loyalty. Prepare to be destroyed by way of the fanboy cannon.
---
Super speed is most commonly wanted for theft.
#63zxghostravenxzPosted 8/19/2014 6:46:10 PM
Setzera posted...

Just a gamer.

I come from the same gaming era. Started with Atari, moved to Nintendo and then so on. I've even gamed on PC, starting with doom, diablo, star craft and more. What i'm not a fan of is elitism, people thinking that just because they have better, makes them better.
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#64extankerPosted 8/19/2014 6:55:48 PM
I play video games. I'm a gamer.
#65TalesOfGodPosted 8/19/2014 6:58:05 PM
Sounds about right except the PS4 doesn't have any good games on it.
When it starts to get the PS3 library then it will be hardcore.

At the moment, it is PS4 = casual, Xbox One = casual and Wii U = family.
#66RadarPosted 8/19/2014 7:17:22 PM
That_Damn_Kid posted...
Xbox One= People who game, PS4= Gaming persons, Wii U= Humans that play games

Fixed.
---
{missing_var_sig}
#67BaconPancakesPosted 8/19/2014 7:25:59 PM
X-BOX One = casual, PS4 = smart casual, Wii U = smart with money, PC = hardcore.
---
P.S.N. - Matface.
Go forth; touch the Demon inside of me.
#68slyman19Posted 8/19/2014 7:28:40 PM
BaconPancakes posted...
X-BOX One = casual, PS4 = smart casual, Wii U = smart with money, PC = hardcore.

Nothing is smart about buying a Wii U.
#69YamsPosted 8/19/2014 7:49:28 PM
I think people confuse "casual" with "general" a lot here on the site. General is usually not a bad thing.
#70SmackpwnPosted 8/19/2014 7:50:57 PM
all consoles are casual, PC is hardcore