Polygon: 1080p will come to Xbox One games, but at a cost

#21MRL3G3NDPosted 8/20/2014 8:58:18 AM
really sad when a game like this pushes the limits of a next gen machine...they really killed gaming.

will there ever be that Gears of War OMG NExt Gen has arrived moment?

I think not there are plenty of casual gamers AKA gameplay over graphics whores who are holding next gen back...

when they come here and rave over guacamelee and fez as GOTY really who needs a graphical powerhouse...they were right...we could have went another 10 years with last gen...

these people don't need next gen, they will be happy with a galaxy S5...which is on par with last gen gaming right now
---
http://www.twitch.tv/mrlegend101/
https://www.youtube.com/user/MRLEGEND102
#22leatheljPosted 8/20/2014 9:48:45 AM
Raukue posted...
I wish both Sony and MS would stop with the whole, graphics over performance! Both should be doing 900p to maintain a stable framerate. I rather PS4 do 900p to have a nice stable 60 fps rather than 1080p and be hovering in the 50's like some of their other 1080p games, even going into the 40's in some cases. But too much pride, if they do that then everyone will jump on their case about it but it is partly their fault, all AAA publisher's fault, and the consumer's fault. Just everyone's fault for this "hey as long as it looks pretty, who cares if it stutters and slugs around?".

I blame this stupid console war and fans mostly batttle inch about resoultion and shining any company or game who does not hit 1080p 60fps that's all gamers want well the vocal ones they no longer care about game play or fun or story and the company's like ms all they can do is listen and do what gamers want.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#23SigmaLongshotPosted 8/20/2014 9:56:40 AM
Just remember that in ten years time, the truly great games of this generation will not be remembered for their resolution or overall graphical fidelity.

Games that hold up well from thirty, twenty, ten years ago for their looks do so because they've had stunning art direction, not because they've applied a ton of makeup to an otherwise very plain beast.

It's utterly stunning to me - stunning - that people still fixate on an arbitrary number and don't factor in the timeless aspect of the art, not just the "it looks amazing... in 2014" stance.
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
Old PS3/PSVita: SigmaLongshot (Stay tuned for PS4 tag!)
#24AWarAmp84Posted 8/20/2014 9:59:40 AM
SonyPonyTony posted...
dnmt posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Aww man. So now they're forcing developers. I thought Phil Spencer just denied telling developers what resolution to run. Another 180 or was he telling a lie?

I'm pretty sure they also forced Respawn to up the res of TF to 792p just so it wouldn't be 720p.. and we all know that game runs like ass on Xbone.

dat TF jealousy runs deep man. Let it go :)

I know right? lol I was playing TF last night and it runs and looks good to me.
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#25AWarAmp84Posted 8/20/2014 10:00:32 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Just remember that in ten years time, the truly great games of this generation will not be remembered for their resolution or overall graphical fidelity.

Games that hold up well from thirty, twenty, ten years ago for their looks do so because they've had stunning art direction, not because they've applied a ton of makeup to an otherwise very plain beast.

It's utterly stunning to me - stunning - that people still fixate on an arbitrary number and don't factor in the timeless aspect of the art, not just the "it looks amazing... in 2014" stance.

Amen to that brother. Kids these days...
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#26redditon4chanPosted 8/20/2014 10:00:48 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...

This. My favorite 360 game from last gen was Viva Pinata - Trouble in Paradise.

I have no idea what the res was. I'll never care, In my opinion its simply the best looking game on the entire console just because of the art style and abundance of spectacular colors.
#27MRL3G3NDPosted 8/20/2014 10:04:08 AM
rainbow six 3 and ghost recons art direction was "realistic"...and the games ability to make things look and feel real (sound real) contributed to is success

art direction my ass
---
http://www.twitch.tv/mrlegend101/
https://www.youtube.com/user/MRLEGEND102
#28SigmaLongshotPosted 8/20/2014 12:32:54 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
rainbow six 3 and ghost recons art direction was "realistic"...and the games ability to make things look and feel real (sound real) contributed to is success

art direction my ass

This comment assumes that those games didn't also have any particular art direction or particular artistic goal to tune towards.

That's a fairly ignorant statement, mate. The fact they stand out for you makes the art director's role in the project completely worth it.
---
#29InjusticeRebornPosted 8/20/2014 12:42:42 PM
Hold on.

I thought we weren't using Polygon for anything any more because supposedly they're in Microsoft pockets now?

Are we going back on that now as well?
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#30SigmaLongshotPosted 8/20/2014 12:46:35 PM
InjusticeReborn posted...
Hold on.

I thought we weren't using Polygon for anything any more because supposedly they're in Microsoft pockets now?

Are we going back on that now as well?

We're literally on a plane of reality where you dote completely on any source for your particular opinion, and debunk any source that may be against that opinion.

God damn anyone that uses any actual independent perception.
---