When Xbox launch in the rest of the countries this year do you think...

#141LorneMaIvoPosted 8/20/2014 9:02:05 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
Because the entirety of the US shop online using Amazon right? Your anecdotal evidence means jack, and you still haven't disproved the NPD data, try again please.

Yeah, except it wasn't just Amazon, and was common knowledge that most stores had run out of PS4s, all the while having Xbox Ones piled up on shelves.

Just LOL at you saying there was supply issues for the Xbox One. That's all your credibility gone in one statement.

And what am I meant to be disproving here? NPD data shows the PS4 widening the gap every single month. The only month the Xbox One won (and by a tiny amount) was when the PS4 was completely out of stock, going back to what we were talking about above.
#142billOrileyPosted 8/20/2014 9:38:21 PM
LorneMaIvo posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Because the entirety of the US shop online using Amazon right? Your anecdotal evidence means jack, and you still haven't disproved the NPD data, try again please.

Yeah, except it wasn't just Amazon, and was common knowledge that most stores had run out of PS4s, all the while having Xbox Ones piled up on shelves.

Just LOL at you saying there was supply issues for the Xbox One. That's all your credibility gone in one statement.

And what am I meant to be disproving here? NPD data shows the PS4 widening the gap every single month. The only month the Xbox One won (and by a tiny amount) was when the PS4 was completely out of stock, going back to what we were talking about above.

Heh, I remember reading reports of ms slowing down or halting production on the xbone because they weren't being sold and they're just piling up in inventories.
#143TeleriumPosted 8/20/2014 10:42:58 PM
AttackOnTitan posted...
It will catch up to PS4? One thing that nobody ever points out is that Xbox sold 6 million (or 5 IDK) in only 13 countries where is though PS4 only sold 10 million in 50+ countries. I always thought it was unfair to judge sales yet because XB1 isn't everywhere like PS4.

PS sells in more countries because it sells in those countries. Those regions are so low with previous Xbox sales that they aren't a priority for MS. It should be noted that the opposite was the go-to argument when the PS4 only launched in 1 region while X1 launched in 13 and Sony's sales were still racing ahead of MS. Sales might have been even higher if not for the shortage of units, Sony wasn't expecting demand to be so high right out of the gates for their console...
#144kyncaniPosted 8/21/2014 12:18:01 AM
I swear if one day Microsoft manages to

- put just one more Xbox One than PS4 in people's hands
- in one country, any country however tiny
- even if only for a day

then this board would just explode.
#145destiny1990Posted 8/21/2014 12:20:09 AM
kyncani posted...
I swear if one day Microsoft manages to

- put just one more Xbox One than PS4 in people's hands
- in one country, any country however tiny
- even if only for a day

then this board would just explode.

LMAO rofl
#146HorridhalPosted 8/21/2014 9:23:56 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
Horridhal posted...
destiny1990 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
The gap is 72k in June, 56k in July. 72,000 - 56,000 = 16,000, and basic math dictate that the gap decreased by 16k. Again, just admit that you got the wrong month's data and be done with it.

Dude this is, by far, the most epic failure at basic math I've ever seen. My god.

Your teachers should be ashamed.

Wow, the fact that you can't comprehend basic numerical figures coupled with your inability to see addition and subtraction makes me pity you.

how did you ever get pass 1st grade? it's truly sad and pathetic.

2 failures at math.

Let me bottom line it :

Say you are selling apples and I am selling oranges. The first day you sell 20 apples and I sell 10 oranges. You have sold 10 more apples than I have oranges. The next day you sell 25 apples and I sell 20 oranges. You have then sold 15 more apples than I have.

I didn't 'close' the gap, it still got bigger, it just didn't get bigger quite as fast.

The same applies to your example. If the PS4 sold that many more in those two months you add the numbers together to calculate the gap. You learn this in like 3rd grade, dude.

Your example is not "closing the gap", it's called "overtaking", whereas I was talking about month-on-month growth rate. Remember back in 2003 you Sony fanboys claimed that Xbone will sell ZERO units? Fact here lie that according to the NPD, Xbone is the second best selling console, not "dead last" as you proclaim.

I think you need to go back to elementary school.

The gap, in sales parlance, refers to the difference in number of units sold between yourself and the competition. If Sony has sold 10 more units than MS, then the 'gap' is 10 units.

For someone to close 'the gap,' as it is defined in business, they would need to surpass sales of the competition and lower that base lead, not just come closer.

Overtaking would refer to the X1 closing the gap entirely and outselling the PS4 overall.

All this post has proven is that you have no idea what the definition of the words you are using are.

Also, pointing out the factual errors in your idiotic 'logic' doesn't make me a sony fanboy. Sorry. You blindly ignoring everyone in this thread telling you and showing you how you are wrong does paint you into a fanboy, however.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.