Controller light too bright when playing in the dark.

#21realyoshdawgPosted 8/20/2014 6:23:15 AM
I don't understand this topic. Mine dims in a dark room and goes full brightness when the room is bright. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
#22IVO(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 6:29:51 AM
I guess I have to get explicit for the unimaginative.

When you are sitting up the light is basically not shining into your eyes. When you are laying back and your arms are up holding the controller the light shines in your eyes. This only applies when playing in the dark.

Look, it's not the end of the world, I was just asking if there was a way to dim it without tape.

Sorry to offend all the defenders of the faith.
---
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/926/vuvw.jpg
#23lunaticcorePosted 8/20/2014 6:39:48 AM
Nobody agrees with you that it is bright. That is the problem. You don't need to explain yourself anymore. Also does your light dim like it should?

I used to get crazy annoyed by the disco light low battery indicator on the 360, but the Xb1 has never even caught my eye in the dark.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#24Reflex-ArcPosted 8/20/2014 6:40:51 AM
If I remember correctly, Kinect will sense the ambient light and dim all of the console lights, Kinect, console, and controller, in low light situations automatically.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#25lunaticcorePosted 8/20/2014 6:45:30 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
If I remember correctly, Kinect will sense the ambient light and dim all of the console lights, Kinect, console, and controller, in low light situations automatically.

I am too tired and lazy to test this, but it is possible the lights won't dim if their isn't a Kinect hooked up.

They would probably be crazy annoying in the dark fully lit.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#26realyoshdawgPosted 8/20/2014 6:47:34 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...

Ahh, that would make sense then. I've never not had the Kinect hooked up, so mine always dims. I could understand it being too bright if it was always at full brightness.
#27Crystyn_7BPosted 8/20/2014 6:52:11 AM
lunaticcore posted...
Nobody agrees with you that it is bright. That is the problem. You don't need to explain yourself anymore. Also does your light dim like it should?

I used to get crazy annoyed by the disco light low battery indicator on the 360, but the Xb1 has never even caught my eye in the dark.

I do agree that sometimes it doesn't get dimmed and like he said in a few specific positions the light shines directly into your eyes.

@TC I don't think there's an option to dim it through settings.

To me it's not an issue as I never game in complete darkness but I know it can be an inconvenience.

Why do people get so toxic over such a minor issue?
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#28IVO(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 6:58:01 AM
I bought the kinectless version so that probably explains why it's not adjusting the light.

Hopefully there will be a patch in future updates to address this.
---
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/926/vuvw.jpg
#29Juzten76Posted 8/20/2014 7:14:34 AM
IVO posted...

When you are sitting up the light is basically not shining into your eyes. When you are laying back and your arms are up holding the controller the light shines in your eyes. This only applies when playing in the dark.

Look, it's not the end of the world, I was just asking if there was a way to dim it without tape.

Buy a cheap roll of window tint and cut it to size and put on the button. This will allow you to still see the light but it will be really dim.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#30kingbahamut83Posted 8/20/2014 7:40:29 AM
Juzten76 posted...
IVO posted...

Buy a cheap roll of window tint and cut it to size and put on the button. This will allow you to still see the light but it will be really dim.

Or just not lean/lay back so it doesn't shine in your ocular instruments. That sounds like the cheapest/easiest solution.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan