Question for the haters, detractors, and Xbox critics...

#1ElPedoSucioPosted 8/19/2014 9:54:54 PM
Let's say MS stuck to their guns and let their original plans play to fruition, what would've been the "doomsday" scenario? You know, the events that still haunt you to this very day as being the sole reason why you'll never, ever consider buying an Xbox, because like, "Xbox lost you as a consumer forever..."
#2ThirdPartyVoterPosted 8/19/2014 9:58:20 PM
I bought a GCN instead of PS2 or Xbox, because I was a broke undergrad at the time and could get brand new GCN games for $5-$15 (pre-owned) about 2-5 days after release from Blockbuster and Hollywood Video, but I would play lots of Halo on the weekends at my cousin's pad.

When I finally graduated from law school and got a real job, I went with PS3 since it's exclusives just seemed more interesting to me, and I'm happy with the choice I met given that PS3 had the real exclusives compared to Xbox 360.

But when I saw MS' failed policies at E3 2013, I realized what MS' plan is for gamers and said, "Thanks, but no thanks." I will not buy an Xbox anytime soon.
#3holden4everPosted 8/19/2014 9:58:48 PM
I bought an XB1 but I'll give my opinion. If they had stuck with the no used games policy I would've bought a PS4, even though I really wanted Forza 5. I'm still going to buy a PS4 but if they had stuck with no used games I probably wouldn't have bought an XB1.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 8/19/2014 10:05:10 PM
The doomsday scenario has already occurred. No backwards compatibility. Til they fix that, no sale.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#5enterthedraygonPosted 8/19/2014 10:05:48 PM
I would've stuck with xboxs former policies of always online, drm, kinect, and download only. That's what my 360 did before I bought an x1. My frustration is for m$ to stick with a dang plan. Right now they have the weaker hardware, catching up to the 360 on live, and don't have a real exclusive until halo 5. What I don't get is Sony doesn't have money yet paid money to get things right. M$ has money but doesn't have a plan yet.
---
Gamertag:ElPaco619
#6enterthedraygonPosted 8/19/2014 10:06:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7a687947Posted 8/19/2014 10:22:57 PM
holden4ever posted...
I bought an XB1 but I'll give my opinion. If they had stuck with the no used games policy I would've bought a PS4, even though I really wanted Forza 5. I'm still going to buy a PS4 but if they had stuck with no used games I probably wouldn't have bought an XB1.

Except there wasn't a "no used games" policy... There was a "trade in your digital copies and physical ones to licensed retailers" policy.
#8PoweredMilkManPosted 8/19/2014 10:51:25 PM
a687947 posted...
holden4ever posted...

Except there wasn't a "no used games" policy... There was a "trade in your digital copies and physical ones to licensed retailers" policy.

And I thought that was awesome. But people don't like change.
---
X1 GT:Bloodandbourbon Ps4 ID:Bloodandbourbon
#9shauntenninePosted 8/19/2014 10:58:31 PM
My biggest gripe with the xbone was kinect. I know ill be labeled a conspiracy theorist or tin foil hat wearer or something similar (hell, a few years ago I'd have been the one calling people who think this those terms) but our government is terribly shady and completely out of control, and Microsoft has some strong ties with them.

There was no way in hell I was putting an always on camera/microphone in my bedroom, facing my bed. And yes, I know, my phone/laptop/tablet/toaster all have the same capabilities and they all fall under the same law (PATRIOT Act) that require them to do so, but they aren't facing my bed 24/7. And they aren't my VIDEO GAME CONSOLE.

When kinect was mandatory, I wanted to see xbox fail so hard that no console manufacturer would ever try that again. Now that it's been removed, I hope xbox succeeds.
#10ExDiosPosted 8/19/2014 11:06:58 PM
I wasn't going to buy an Xbox One if the original policies had stayed in place. There was so much BS and it seemed like Microsoft wanted to take something that's supposed to be fun and complicate the hell out of it. To this day I despise Don Mattrick, especially after he said that players who want an offline device should buy a 360 instead.
---
Anime currently watching: Hunter x Hunter (2011), Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Games Currently Playing: Ryse: Son of Rome, Wolfenstein: TNO