Help I'm so confused! I'm getting mixed messages from Microsoft about resolution

#1TheGam3925Posted 8/20/2014 5:56:18 AM
80/80

So a few days ago I read that Phil Spencer said that 1080p isn't some miracle resolution, as if he's downplaying it somehow but I don't know why:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-on-xbox-one-1080p-isnt-some-mythical-per/1100-6421708/

And then today I read that Microsoft actually "pushed" Blizzard to release Diablo at 1080p:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/microsoft-pushed-blizzard-to-hit-1080p-with-diablo-3

So I gotta ask, what should I believe here? This just seems too contradictory to me. Is resolution important or not? If anyone has an answer I would appreciate it if you could clarify here.

Thanks in advance.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#2cheezedadadaPosted 8/20/2014 6:06:14 AM(edited)
There's not a single person here that wouldn't do the same. Putting a situation in perspective while also trying to improve it in the background is something we have all done. If MS wasnt attached to this situation, no one would care. We all know that's true too...
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc. I now hate the word "salt" because of Gamefaqs.
#3BDJaycePosted 8/20/2014 6:02:31 AM
Both? Just because he's admitted in the past that it's not some special resolution doesn't mean that MS wouldn't go out of their way to get games to 1080p if, for no other reason, than to appease the idiot fans who believe it is some special resolution.

This Phil Spencer guy seems to genuinely care about increasing sales and bringing games to a 'new level' and if the vocal minority want 1080p then he's probably going to work to get 1080p whether he particularly believes it's special or not.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#4Laylow12Posted 8/20/2014 6:02:37 AM
All it means is Microsofts most "credible" guy turned out to be the same as the rest.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#5GambitbuzzkillPosted 8/20/2014 6:02:44 AM
TC stop worrying about nonsense and go do something productive with your time.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#6Crystyn_7BPosted 8/20/2014 6:04:13 AM
Lol linking to an IGN article of all things.

You do know that by the time IGN posts an article that the news are at least 1 day old.

This is like the 7th or 8th topic on this. Fail.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#7kennyynnooPosted 8/20/2014 6:06:36 AM
Why do you care?
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#8cheezedadadaPosted 8/20/2014 6:08:03 AM(edited)
@BDJayce

I was going to edit in pretty much the same thing. 'Both' makes perfect sense to me and it should make perfect sense to everyone else. There is only one "issue" that would cause people to care about this and that's because its Microsoft. Replace that name with ANYTHING else and its no longer an issue.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc. I now hate the word "salt" because of Gamefaqs.
#9TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 6:09:16 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Why do you care?

Why does Gamespot care? Why does IGN care? Why do you care that I care?
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#10MurryEB_Alt1Posted 8/20/2014 6:13:44 AM(edited)
TheGam3925 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Why do you care?

Why does Gamespot care? Why does IGN care? Why do you care that I care?

Well with you being so confused and needing our help, we weren't sure why you did care exactly, as it'd be easier to not stress your head about it if it's that mentally exhausting.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel