Why do Xbox fans hate "indies"?

#1GladiatorDangerPosted 8/20/2014 7:22:52 AM
I see a lot of Xbox fans attack the PS4 for having a more varied and unique library of exclusives as if this is somehow a bad thing and I have to ask why? Is there no room in the games industry for titles that aren't generic AAA titles that favor graphics over gameplay substance?
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#2MrJuice13Posted 8/20/2014 7:24:36 AM
Console wars. Fanboys. Brand Loyalists.

They'll attack anything on the other system.
---
The power of Macleod!
#3Tajaz2426Posted 8/20/2014 7:26:46 AM
They don't and just because you have a small percentage here doesn't mean it is the whole community. Shoot my son has an X1 and he loves indies, because they are different.

Plus some of the exclusives on the X1 are indies with Ori and games like that. Indies these days can be games like HellBlade, The tomorrow children, Minecraft, and a whole bunch of other cool games.

To say that every X1 fan doesn't like indies is ridiculous, bud.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#4kennyynnooPosted 8/20/2014 7:26:51 AM
They're mostly equivalent to improved Snes, Sega genesis games. They will(gwg) and should be free. They're time fillers, I never seat down to game and say I can't wait to play a indie, they are the I have nothing to play kind of game. 97% of them are not fun to me. I paid $400+ to play better looking, playing games.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#5adonfrazPosted 8/20/2014 7:27:45 AM
Not all Xbox fans hate indies, not all Sony fans like indies.

The argument with the most credibility against indies is that gamers didn't spend $400-$500 dollars on new consoles to play indie games. Of course there's room for both. Xbox fanboys usually only attack indies when comparing the PS4 and X1 lineups.

Honestly no one really cares.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
#6LapanuiPosted 8/20/2014 7:27:52 AM
I don't hate indies, but again, I'm not exclusively an Xbox fan... I don't own a PS4 yet, but I am planning on getting one for The Order 1886 and Bloodborne.

I think I am more excited for some of the upcoming indie games than most of the AAA games.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#7realyoshdawgPosted 8/20/2014 7:29:06 AM
The more games the better, indie or big titles. That's why it's always best to own all platforms.
#8lunaticcorePosted 8/20/2014 7:29:07 AM
Xbox fans are not a hive mind and don't collectively hate indies.

Some outspoken kids trash indies, specially when there was some sour indie game makers weren't happy with Microsoft.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#9GambitbuzzkillPosted 8/20/2014 7:30:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10LapanuiPosted 8/20/2014 7:35:48 AM
The problem with most sites is that people with something positive to say are usually outspoken by someone with something negative to say.

Not a lot of people are going to make a topic that says:

"Indies are awesome. Check out this new indie game."

It's very rare and when one does pop up, it's usually filled with something negative and gets a lot of posts. This is where the idea of people hating on indie would come from, or people hating on anything. One topic is made, a small group of people voice their opinion, which is usually negative and then everyone is thrown into the same group as them.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1