Ubisoft won't attempt an unlimited gaming service until EA proves it can work

#1Exodus_PrimePosted 8/20/2014 8:23:36 AM
http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/20/ubisoft-ea-access/

It turns out Electronic Arts' Access program has at least one high-profile spectator: Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot. The Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs company's head says that Ubisoft is keeping a keen eye on what that type of service can offer players, telling Game Informer that he's open to "any way" of giving fans access to Ubisoft's games

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#2kennyynnooPosted 8/20/2014 8:24:14 AM
So after titanfall, ufc are added?
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#3Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 8:26:10 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
So after titanfall, ufc are added?

I would say so yes.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#4grampamurkedPosted 8/20/2014 8:29:00 AM
I don't like where this is headed. I don't want to pay a fee to play games I would rather own.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#5YomonachiXPosted 8/20/2014 8:30:52 AM
Oh, they will do it all right.
---
Master of LNI: http://i.imgur.com/mVDzwJk.png http://i.imgur.com/0KVcj4O.png
Shrek is Love. Shrek is Life. In truth, I always upvote Shrek. Plz don't block me.
#6Jptremblay13Posted 8/20/2014 8:31:32 AM
then own it?grampamurked posted...
I don't like where this is headed. I don't want to pay a fee to play games I would rather own.

the buy it and own it?
whats the problem?
#7nableetPosted 8/20/2014 8:33:01 AM
grampamurked posted...

Then don't :-S

As long as the games are available as they are now then you can carry on like that, as I will.

Just as long as they don't try and worsen the experience for non-subscribers to give the subscribers a better deal. Add content for sure, don't deny content that would have otherwise been available though.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#8grampamurkedPosted 8/20/2014 8:36:25 AM
Jptremblay13 posted...
then own it?grampamurked posted...

the buy it and own it?
whats the problem?

If successful & profitable this will be just the first step in a rental only direction. With no manufacturing, distribution or shipping costs I can see where this would end up years from now.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#9DavieSnakesPosted 8/20/2014 8:38:57 AM
I thought titanfall wasnt going to be part of access for some reason?

Personally I dont understand peoples worries about this type of thing re wanting to "own" the game. I much prefer digital but grudge the cost, I have signed up for 1 year of ea access and downloaded 3 out of 4 games. They dont stream or require internet they are a digital copy, even if i am still playing them after 1 year I will likely have signed up again as I find it great value. So for all intents and purposes I do own the digital version of these games (at least thats how i see it)
Yes you cant trade them in buts thats true of all digital games and after 1 year lets say i have played 10 games to completion (could be more, well see how full the vault gets!) thats 2 a game!! With dlc discounts and early access thats a great deal to me.

I hope all big pubishers do it, as long as physical sales remain it doesnt affect those who arent interested. The final master stroke by companies doing this would be to include x360 back catalogue too at some point.
---
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
#10Wii_TruthPosted 8/20/2014 8:46:20 AM
Monkey See, Monkey Do. Looks like EA will drag the whole industry down now.
---
You want Wii Truth? You can't handle Wii Truth!!