Ori And The Blind Forest looking good

#1regsantotomasPosted 8/20/2014 10:38:53 AM
Source: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/08/20/ori-blind-forest-im-love

I went into Ori and the Blind Forest... well, blind. I had seen a trailer for it back at E3, but other than that I hadn't bothered with any information. Nothing against it, I just hadn't bothered.

I came out of my demo session with it at Gamescom a changed man, ready to spread the gospel according to Ori as far and wide as I possibly can, enchanted by a game that looks like it's going to be... well, brilliant.

The sign of a great platformer is one that allows you to be quick, nimble, agile and fluid in motion while at the same time requiring skilled fingers and - crucially - one that responds accurately to your commands.

It sounds obvious, but you think about the great platformers - the Marios, the Rayman Legends, the Bubsy the Bobcats... wait, not that one. But you think of how accurate the first two titles are and you see just why they work so well.

You're not playing through on hope - you're battling through with skill. You're not being struck down unexpectedly - you're taking a risk and failing. Ori and the Blind Forest nails this feeling, it really does.

When you have a feature like Ori does - the ability to bounce off enemies and projectiles, pushing you off in one direction and the projectile/enemy in the opposite one, you need this level of reliability in the control.

Very excited about this game. Looks gorgeous and amazing.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#2phineasfoolPosted 8/20/2014 10:41:50 AM
This is one of my most anticipated games this year. I get more excited for it the more I see on it.
---
GT - phineasfool
#3astutecolliePosted 8/20/2014 10:54:16 AM
It looks more than good. Its the best looking indie game ive seen in a long time.
#4TrickyPonyPosted 8/20/2014 10:57:27 AM
Are there any guns in this?
#5Jptremblay13Posted 8/20/2014 11:02:40 AM
Yes,

Akimbo 1887
#6cheezedadadaPosted 8/20/2014 11:03:01 AM
I was just reading the same story a few minutes ago. The game looks like a blast from what I have seen so far.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc. I now hate the word "salt" because of Gamefaqs.
#7MrImpatient35Posted 8/20/2014 11:03:10 AM
Day one purchase for me. I just need a date.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#8regsantotomas(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 11:37:26 AM
Glad to see some excitement for this title. This and Inside may be my most anticipated "Indie" titles coming up. Though I would be amiss if I didn't mention Galak-Z even though it won't be available for Xbox One.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#9cheezedadadaPosted 8/20/2014 11:54:31 AM
^Inside is one of my highly anticipated upcoming games. I was a huge Limbo fan and the fact Playdead is doing another game similar to that is great.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc. I now hate the word "salt" because of Gamefaqs.
#10phineasfoolPosted 8/20/2014 12:00:55 PM
cheezedadada posted...
^Inside is one of my highly anticipated upcoming games. I was a huge Limbo fan and the fact Playdead is doing another game similar to that is great.

Inside looks quite interesting as well. I'm looking forward to be inundated with games in the near future.
---
GT - phineasfool