Ori And The Blind Forest looking good

#21cheezedadadaPosted 8/20/2014 1:57:15 PM
@MRL3GEND

I think you just see it as AAA OR Indie? I assume you look at it like since this game came out, it somehow took the place of an AAA game? That's how it comes off when you say that, but I could be wrong. You can have Ori, Below and Inside as well as Destiny, Bloodborne, Uncharted, Sunset Overdrive etc. Its not one or the other.

If anything, "casual" (ARG, that term) is what I would use to describe those who only play games for graphics. Those of us who appreciate AAA titles, indie titles and everything in between are far from "casual". If anything, we are the complete opposite. We are passionate enough with the hobby that we appreciate all different types of games...not just graphical powerhouses.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc. I now hate the word "salt" because of Gamefaqs.
#22regsantotomas(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 2:01:11 PM
cheezedadada posted...

If anything, "casual" (ARG, that term) is what I would use to describe those who only play games for graphics. Those of us who appreciate AAA titles, indie titles and everything in between are far from "casual". If anything, we are the complete opposite. We are passionate enough with the hobby that we appreciate all different types of games...not just graphical powerhouses.

I think that if you have to explain it; it's already too late.

Frankly, I don't care what people try to label me. I've heard them all in 35 years of gaming. I'll still just play what looks fun from games like Ori, Dance Central Spotlight, Madden 15, Far Cry 4, Super Robot Taisen Z 3, Super Smash Bros, Disney Infinity 2.0, etc.

I'm too old to care anyway. :)
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#23LineageOnePosted 8/20/2014 2:05:53 PM
cheezedadada posted...
@MRL3GEND

I think you just see it as AAA OR Indie? I assume you look at it like since this game came out, it somehow took the place of an AAA game? That's how it comes off when you say that, but I could be wrong. You can have Ori, Below and Inside as well as Destiny, Bloodborne, Uncharted, Sunset Overdrive etc. Its not one or the other.

Seeing as how MS marketed it separately alongside their other triple A titles at gamescom instead of showcasing it with their ID@Xbox prorgram, I'd imagine Ori is a bigger game than we are anticipating. Reason why it may actually get a physical release. MS isn't like Sony. They wouldn't give Ori it's own separate presentation if it wasn't big.
#24MRL3G3NDPosted 8/20/2014 2:27:44 PM
cheezedadada posted...
@MRL3GEND

actually casual means gaming is not at the top of your activities...you don't go as deep as a hardcore person does....you may pic up a game any game and play it when you have a chance...

And thats what these tiny tid bit 2D games are for

A hardcore gamer plays everyday, gaming is at the forefront of daily activities...we are more concerned with deep experiences that take us to places we've never been, experience new and spectacular experiences that could not have been achieved through previous iterations of technology...

We should be exploring cities with every building having an interior...AI that gives us a hard time. Physics that enables never before gameplay experiences

Instead we have people getting excited off a wall jump sequence...something reminiscent of ryu from Ninja Gaiden 1...1989

ass backwards...
---
http://www.twitch.tv/mrlegend101/
https://www.youtube.com/user/MRLEGEND102
#25SigmaLongshotPosted 8/20/2014 2:28:38 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
This is exactly what is holding gaming back...things seem to be going backwards

This is why MS didn't want to waste money on a powerhouse gaming system...

This is why they said last gen could go another 10 years

This game could be run on a cell phone

This game is probably 100mb in size

Its the casual fans that come in here nominating flash games for GOTY

smh what happened to my hobby :(

I know you're just trying to wind up people here, but I'll at least consider what you're proposing.

The economy is desperate to find a middle-ground instead of being completely AAA or super-cheap mobile again, since around 2008. The schism in economy has really set a precedent that is harming the economic growth of the industry - the middle-ground cannot be forgotten.

You might only buy the highest-budget titles, but you are only harming the industry in the long run by doing so.

Ironically, by being anti-lower budget title, you're slowly smothering the industry en masse.
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
Old PS3/PSVita: SigmaLongshot (Stay tuned for PS4 tag!)
#26MRL3G3NDPosted 8/20/2014 2:52:16 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
This is exactly what is holding gaming back...things seem to be going backwards

This is why MS didn't want to waste money on a powerhouse gaming system...

This is why they said last gen could go another 10 years

This game could be run on a cell phone

This game is probably 100mb in size

Its the casual fans that come in here nominating flash games for GOTY

smh what happened to my hobby :(

I know you're just trying to wind up people here, but I'll at least consider what you're proposing.

The economy is desperate to find a middle-ground instead of being completely AAA or super-cheap mobile again, since around 2008. The schism in economy has really set a precedent that is harming the economic growth of the industry - the middle-ground cannot be forgotten.

You might only buy the highest-budget titles, but you are only harming the industry in the long run by doing so.

Ironically, by being anti-lower budget title, you're slowly smothering the industry en masse.

Yeah no...you can buy that bull...even when the economy took a dive the video game industry was one of the only industries to grow...everybody was at home collecting unemployment checks playing video games...

The reason they cheap out is because they have learned from the Wii...that you don't have to whiz BANG the casual audience...a simple concept that is fun will sell games...

The casual audience is 10x bigger than the hardcore...MS KNEW they didn't have to build a powerhouse because they can move cheap titles like this in between the 4-5 AAA sequels a year...

Agree or not I saw this coming a few years ago with the release of the kinect when MS was quoted as saying that gaming was no longer for sweaty 30 yrs old in Metallica shirts...
---
http://www.twitch.tv/mrlegend101/
https://www.youtube.com/user/MRLEGEND102
#27cheezedadadaPosted 8/20/2014 4:48:54 PM
@LineageOne

Yeah, I expect this game to be pretty impressive when it makes it way out. I'm glad they put focus on this game because it looks like it deserves to be up there with the other big names.

@regsantotomas

Same here. Been gaming too damn long to worry about any of this. An average week for me in gaming is all over the damn place as well. A typical night could be an RPG on the PC, a random visual novel, Wasteland 2 all the way to Paladog on the iphone. It doesnt really matter as long as the experience is enjoyable.

@MRL3GEND

Using your example though, wouldn't what I do be considered to be even MORE "hardcore"? I match every single criteria of your description of someone who is "hardcore" but I also add these other experiences into the mix. I had 426 games on the 360 alone, not including every other platform I have owned, including even the ***** ones like 3D0 and CD-i going back to Pong/Atari/etc. I explore gigantic open worlds from top to bottom just like you, but I also play these games too because I want to experience it all.

You might be missing out on some really fun games by looking at it this way. If I went through and avoided games like The Stanley Parable or Darkwood to strictly focus on AAA games, I would feel like I am missing out on a ton of great experiences.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc. I now hate the word "salt" because of Gamefaqs.
#28andizzle29662Posted 8/20/2014 5:15:26 PM
Day one purchase for me!
---
Most WANTED: Zelda WiiU, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Smash bros WiiU/3DS, Freedom Wars, NBA 2K15, Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 3, Professor Layton vs AT
#29crucialPosted 8/20/2014 5:20:45 PM
Day one here,best looking indie I have ever seen.
---
If you only own one console this gen get some butt med's because its going to get real sore this gen.
#30squarex8264Posted 8/20/2014 6:34:59 PM
cheezedadada posted...

Using your example though, wouldn't what I do be considered to be even MORE "hardcore"?

Well, obviously. You're just a "super hardcore" aka "hardcore hardcore" instead of just being "casual hardcore"... :P
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade