China approves sale of 5 million Xbox Ones for initial launch

#11Excal1burPosted 8/20/2014 4:06:08 PM
InfinityOver0 posted...
will be lucky to sell 1/2 of those within a month.

you do know that is 2.5 million consoles in a month. destroying what all 3 consoles do now.
#12Dancouga_NovaPosted 8/20/2014 4:08:12 PM
Going to be tough breaking into China. The taste for games there is mainly F2P PC games and the console model is essentially the antithesis of that. It'll be interesting to watch MS' s strategy in China going forward.
#13OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/20/2014 4:13:11 PM
I doubt they will ever need another shipment of them then.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#14Miiri0Posted 8/20/2014 4:21:51 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...

This. 5 millions is .more than enough for xbone lifetime supply in China. Lol globally, they don't even reach 5 millions sold to customers yet.
#15leelee3105Posted 8/20/2014 4:26:42 PM
Miiri0 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

This. 5 millions is .more than enough for xbone lifetime supply in China. Lol globally, they don't even reach 5 millions sold to customers yet.

Salty ponies going to be soy sauce salty when those 5million are gone on launch day.
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#16mangasus90Posted 8/20/2014 4:30:14 PM
leelee3105 posted...
Miiri0 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

Salty ponies going to be soy sauce salty when those 5million are gone on launch day.

HAHAHA. Sorry but i can't hold it. I hope it's true for you can sleep better though.
#17PominAusPosted 8/20/2014 4:43:15 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Supply isn't the issue with Xbone. I hope for their sake they have a brilliant advertising strategy and line-up...

I don't want to see MS saying that they've sold in 10 million XBOX ONE consoles when they launch in China, matching their leading competitor in sales. It would be a silly move given that their attitude is that it's a marathon. I'd like for them to focus all their efforts into strengthening first party support, not PR.
#18LorneMaIvoPosted 8/20/2014 4:47:54 PM
Sadly, this isn't going to be the grand ace card MS is hoping for, considering once the PS4 launches there, that'll sell more there on top of everywhere else.

http://kotaku.com/survey-says-chinese-gamers-more-interested-in-ps4-1604560549
#19GambitbuzzkillPosted 8/20/2014 4:48:16 PM
Miiri0 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

I'm sure China wouldn't order that many units if they didn't feel there was a demand for the system and while it may take sometime to sell all those units I'm sure they will do so with in a year or so.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#20OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/20/2014 4:51:06 PM
LorneMaIvo posted...
Sadly, this isn't going to be the grand ace card MS is hoping for, considering once the PS4 launches there, that'll sell more there on top of everywhere else.

http://kotaku.com/survey-says-chinese-gamers-more-interested-in-ps4-1604560549

A highlight from the article you posted:

"Of the 6488 people surveyed so far, a whopping 57.3 percent voted that they would purchase a PS4. About 19 percent chose to continue buying consoles on the gray market, and only about 10 percent said they were willing to invest in an Xbox One."

Looks like China views the xbone the same as the rest of the world. Which is funny because it isn't even released there yet. :u
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.