China approves sale of 5 million Xbox Ones for initial launch

#21LorneMaIvoPosted 8/20/2014 4:55:40 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
A highlight from the article you posted:

"Of the 6488 people surveyed so far, a whopping 57.3 percent voted that they would purchase a PS4. About 19 percent chose to continue buying consoles on the gray market, and only about 10 percent said they were willing to invest in an Xbox One."

Looks like China views the xbone the same as the rest of the world. Which is funny because it isn't even released there yet. :u

Nice spot. I guess it's back to the drawing board for the Xbox division because this Xbox One generation they had mapped out just isn't going to happen so long as the PS4 is its competition.

But then we can't even suggest going back to the drawing board because to the livid shareholders, this Xbox One is the last straw for them.
#22Shinobi120Posted 8/20/2014 5:46:39 PM
Dancouga_Nova posted...
Going to be tough breaking into China. The taste for games there is mainly F2P PC games and the console model is essentially the antithesis of that. It'll be interesting to watch MS' s strategy in China going forward.

This. China's PC land over there. Not only that, they care about something like F2P's. MOBA's. MMORPG's.

Neither Xbox One or PS4 will succeed over there. It'll be the next india.
#23MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/20/2014 5:57:38 PM
thegamer00 posted...
China paving the way for big Xbox One sales
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2467000/china-paving-the-way-for-big-xbox-one-sales.html

Playstation done!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#24TeleriumPosted 8/20/2014 7:31:49 PM
BaronVladz posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
BaronVladz posted...
The first commercial is horrible in terms of advertising a gaming console...

http://www.wpcentral.com/first-commercial-video-chinese-xbox-one-disturbing

Most of the commercials in those areas are pretty disturbing and weird so it's nothing new.

Are you grouping Chinese and Japanese together? When's the last time you saw a Chinese commercial?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7idn3PcKBM
warning: Fruity Oaty Bar commercials have been known to cause infrequent attempts to murder friends and total strangers in public via the use of waif-fu. Universal Studios is not responsible for any injuries caused by man-mouse hybrid creatures, nor liable for octopus bites in womens' busts. Use responsibly.
#25FenriswolfPosted 8/20/2014 8:27:53 PM
LorneMaIvo posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
A highlight from the article you posted:

"Of the 6488 people surveyed so far, a whopping 57.3 percent voted that they would purchase a PS4. About 19 percent chose to continue buying consoles on the gray market, and only about 10 percent said they were willing to invest in an Xbox One."

Looks like China views the xbone the same as the rest of the world. Which is funny because it isn't even released there yet. :u

Nice spot. I guess it's back to the drawing board for the Xbox division because this Xbox One generation they had mapped out just isn't going to happen so long as the PS4 is its competition.

But then we can't even suggest going back to the drawing board because to the livid shareholders, this Xbox One is the last straw for them.

Your PS4 ran out of games again? I don't think anyone out of fanboys are stupid enough to suggest a company retire a console less than a year after launch.
---
Hello
#26Team_NinjaPosted 8/20/2014 8:51:02 PM
Microsoft will own Sony at their own house at TGS when they announce 1 billion xbox one sales.
#27Shinobi120Posted 8/21/2014 11:27:15 AM
Team_Ninja posted...
Microsoft will own Sony at their own house at TGS when they announce 1 billion xbox one sales.

LOL
#28NeoMonkPosted 8/21/2014 12:56:50 PM
How quickly we forget... that the Chinese LOVE to buy "American Products" MADE by themselves....

This is going to bomb so badly it'll be funny.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#29scoobydoobydontPosted 8/21/2014 1:11:14 PM
PominAus posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
Supply isn't the issue with Xbone. I hope for their sake they have a brilliant advertising strategy and line-up...

I don't want to see MS saying that they've sold in 10 million XBOX ONE consoles when they launch in China, matching their leading competitor in sales. It would be a silly move given that their attitude is that it's a marathon. I'd like for them to focus all their efforts into strengthening first party support, not PR.

This was my first thought reading it, but then I thought "No, MS has to know people would realize this and tear them apart". I'm still not sure... MS has been surprisingly incompetent with their PR from the start this time.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg