Games you think had a lot of potential but never surpassed what you expected.

#1shadothugPosted 8/20/2014 10:25:27 AM
I have to say Resident Evil after RE4 it all went down hill. The True Crime games I was really hoping for a new game for 360 but it never happened. Fable don't even get me started...
---
GT: Assassins RioT
Playing: GTA V until I go blind
#2Syn_VengeancePosted 8/20/2014 10:33:13 AM
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City had a ton of potential, it could have been the next best thing to Outbreak and a really good COOP and multiplayer game. It fell short on so many levels..

The campaign was short.
All the characters were boring, including the classic ones.
Selling have the game and releasing the other half as DLC.
The skill system made some.characters way to op.
The auto aim handgun feature ruined multiplayer.
The graphics and animations were terrible.
Bullet sponge enemies hardest difficulty (Hunters and lockers could eat 200+ LMG rounds)
Umbrella campaigns lack of final boss.
Selling point of the game is killing classic characters, yet you can only kill Leon and Claire in a cutscene.
The game was a glitchy mess and never got any patches, game came out and Slant Six forgot about it.

The only good thing it had going for it was the controls were decent.
---
Currently Playing: COD: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Wolfestein: New Order, Watch_Dogs, Plants vs Zombies, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Counter Strike Source, Left 4 Dead 2
#3redditon4chanPosted 8/20/2014 10:36:14 AM
A lot.

Lost Planet 2. (This entire IP in general, honestly)

Last of Us.

Diablo 3.

Bah... there's just too many to list.
#42ndAtomiskPosted 8/20/2014 10:43:52 AM
shadothug posted...
I have to say Resident Evil after RE4 it all went down hill. The True Crime games I was really hoping for a new game for 360 but it never happened. Fable don't even get me started...

Wasn't Sleeping Dogs for all intents and purposes a True Crime game?

On topic there was:

Fable
Operation Raccoon City
Tenchu 4
The Last Story
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#5AWarAmp84Posted 8/20/2014 10:46:02 AM
Splinter Cell: Blacklist

It was supposed to be the return of the amazing Spy vs Merc MP that made the older games so much fun. Instead, we got a "dumbed for the masses" version that is riddled with glitches and missing so many of the smalls things that made them so much fun(ie. stealth). To make matters worse, Ubisoft abandoned the game leaving us with only six maps(the previous games had about 12) and without ever releasing any real DLC or any patches to fix any of the issues. Such a disappointment.
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#6shoji_joPosted 8/20/2014 10:48:11 AM
Ground Zeroes

I love Metal Gear and am glad I own it, but I would choose watching 4 hours worth of MGS4's cut scenes over the lack of cut scenes and story in GZ
#7Hidan623Posted 8/20/2014 10:52:24 AM
In all honesty i could never get into dragon age one or 2 and never got into the witcher before either but both inquisition and wither 3 look amazing to me at the moment.

Oh and dead island belongs on this list. I had REALLY high hopes for that game before it came out. Hopefully dying light can pull of what dead island couldnt
#8darkshadowmasterPosted 8/20/2014 11:01:14 AM(edited)
Defiance

That game sounded great. Only to find out that the endgame was non-existent and the gear grind/leveling was pointless.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#9ExempliGratiaPosted 8/20/2014 11:03:17 AM
Streetfigther x Tekken.
I'm a fighting game enthusiast. Gems destroyed the game and the balance patches came too late. Not to mention the 12 dlc fighters already on disk.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#10Stabs2503Posted 8/20/2014 11:12:41 AM
Brink
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Diablo 3

All I can think of at the top of my head
---
Sent from iPhone PowerFAQs.