Anyone ever install a new game from disk & have it refuse to launch?

#1grampamurkedPosted 8/20/2014 11:03:03 AM
I just installed Diablo and it refuses to respond to prompts to start.
I've deleted it and subsequently started the installation over but am now wondering how I will get my dlc back?
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#2WarsuhPosted 8/20/2014 11:11:15 AM
Nope hasn't happened to me. Try hard resetting your xbox by holding the power button for 10 seconds.
#3squarex8264Posted 8/20/2014 11:12:19 AM
What do you mean by refuses to start? Like you launch it, it shows the loading screen and crashes back to Home? If you are seeing that, try launching it a few times. If it crashes more than 3 times and fails to load, do a hard reset of your system (hold down the power button for at least 5 seconds to force it off and reboot).

Also, if you want to make sure you have the DLC installed, go to the game icon under your Games and Apps, press the Menu button, and go under "Manage Game" I believe. It will show you all DLC and saves associated with that game you have installed. If the DLC is not installed, you can probably just go to the game page in the store and select it.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#4cheezedadadaPosted 8/20/2014 11:14:15 AM(edited)
I would try the previous suggestions and just unplug the Xbox completely/hard reset. I have had your issue happen to me before and that fixed it. Worth a shot if you havent done it.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc. I now hate the word "salt" because of Gamefaqs.
#5grampamurked(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 11:17:39 AM
It wouldn't even respond to start. As in not at all. Never got a chance to crash. Other games worked but not Diablo.

Trying to find out how to get the preorder dlc back but it isn't shown anywhere. Not on the game page either. Do I have a download history somewhere I can look at?
---
#6cheezedadadaPosted 8/20/2014 11:20:24 AM
grampamurked posted...
It wouldn't even respond to start. As in not at all. Never got a chance to crash. Other games worked but not Diablo.

Trying to find out how to get the preorder dlc back but it isn't shown anywhere. Not on the game page either. Do I have a download history somewhere I can look at?

Try pressing the menu button on the Diablo 3 install and check to see if there is a view addons option. If so, select that and try to redownload it.
---
#7grampamurked(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 11:24:27 AM
cheezedadada posted...
grampamurked posted...

Try pressing the menu button on the Diablo 3 install and check to see if there is a view addons option. If so, select that and try to redownload it.

Yup, thank you.
---
#8cheezedadadaPosted 8/20/2014 11:28:18 AM
^NP. Glad it worked.
---