Question About Memory

#1ThirtyThr33Posted 8/20/2014 11:06:16 AM
So, gentlemen, I have only 4 retail games, plus the few free arcade games and Killer Instinct, and I am already getting up there in max capacity for space. So, I have two questions.

1) Can I delete the installed game without deleting my progress in said game, and just reinstall it whenever I play it? This is, of course, my last choice because it'll be kinda inconvenient to switch games and uninstall/reinstall.

2) What external hard drive would you guys recommend for the Xbone? I can't imagine really needing more than 2 TB's, but I want to make sure I get the best option for my money.

Thanks in advance.
---
NUKING THEM SITS WELL WITH ME!!!
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#2MusuoJoePosted 8/20/2014 11:35:34 AM
Yes you should be able to delete any game and not lose saves, there still on cloud server. As for Hard Drives. most are going with Western Digital. Can't finds a link to one atm tho sorry.. Happy Gaming..
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#3ThirtyThr33(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 11:42:45 AM
Cool, thanks!

What's the overall consensus on this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STBV3000100/dp/B00834SJU8/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t
---
#4MusuoJoePosted 8/20/2014 11:48:49 AM
Looks good and will work, Just try and see you if you can find one that's 7200 RPM model, games run and load much faster..
---
#5ThirtyThr33(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 11:56:56 AM
Found this in the comments section of the product.

"Hi Roberta! I did a little research (the speed isn't listed on the paperwork that comes with the drive or on the box, as far as I could see). According to information I located in the Newegg dot com reviews the unit uses a ST3000DM001 hard drive, which rotates at 7,200 RPM. I hope this helps. Regards, Jim"
---
#6MusuoJoePosted 8/20/2014 2:23:44 PM
Ahh kool thanks bud..
---
#7XboxDruggiePosted 8/20/2014 2:27:18 PM
I snagged a Toshiba 3TB USB 3.0 drive at Walmart on sale for $109 last week. I moved all my games and extra apps to the external drive and it works flawlessly.

I even noticed like an overall system speed improvement after I moved everything to the external drive.
---
XBL NocturnalFreak
Too weird to live, Too rare to die!