Question About Memory

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Question About Memory
2 years ago#1
So, gentlemen, I have only 4 retail games, plus the few free arcade games and Killer Instinct, and I am already getting up there in max capacity for space. So, I have two questions.

1) Can I delete the installed game without deleting my progress in said game, and just reinstall it whenever I play it? This is, of course, my last choice because it'll be kinda inconvenient to switch games and uninstall/reinstall.

2) What external hard drive would you guys recommend for the Xbone? I can't imagine really needing more than 2 TB's, but I want to make sure I get the best option for my money.

Thanks in advance.
NUKING THEM SITS WELL WITH ME!!!
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
2 years ago#2
Yes you should be able to delete any game and not lose saves, there still on cloud server. As for Hard Drives. most are going with Western Digital. Can't finds a link to one atm tho sorry.. Happy Gaming..
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
2 years ago#3
Cool, thanks!

What's the overall consensus on this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STBV3000100/dp/B00834SJU8/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t
2 years ago#4
Looks good and will work, Just try and see you if you can find one that's 7200 RPM model, games run and load much faster..
2 years ago#5
Found this in the comments section of the product.

"Hi Roberta! I did a little research (the speed isn't listed on the paperwork that comes with the drive or on the box, as far as I could see). According to information I located in the Newegg dot com reviews the unit uses a ST3000DM001 hard drive, which rotates at 7,200 RPM. I hope this helps. Regards, Jim"
2 years ago#6
Ahh kool thanks bud..
2 years ago#7
I snagged a Toshiba 3TB USB 3.0 drive at Walmart on sale for $109 last week. I moved all my games and extra apps to the external drive and it works flawlessly.

I even noticed like an overall system speed improvement after I moved everything to the external drive.
XBL NocturnalFreak
Too weird to live, Too rare to die!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Question About Memory

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived