would you be willing to pay extra for early access to a game?

#1garcia_jxPosted 8/20/2014 2:38:12 PM
Like the title of the topic says, would you be willing to pay extra for early access to the game? Let's say, if the game was releasing on Tuesday, would you be open to paying 10 dollars more to have full access to it on Thursday of the previous week?

For certain games,I would be more than willing to pay extra. What are your thoughts on that?
#2SurdyyPosted 8/20/2014 2:41:34 PM
Limited access? No. Unlimited access? Maybe.
---
The Internet is a terrible place.
GT: Surdy
#3scoobydoobydontPosted 8/20/2014 2:42:12 PM
It wouldn't be significantly early to justify it, so no. If I could play a completed Elder Scrolls or Fallout 6 months + early, sure, but they aren't going to sit on a finished game that long. Steam gets early access sort of right. Pay less for the buggy alpha or beta, and end up saving money as it is upgraded to the finished version, and be a sort of playtester for the developer. That's mutually beneficial. In an EA Access way? Nah.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#4ACx7Posted 8/20/2014 2:43:54 PM
Depends on the game. If I could get the MCC while every one else is getting CoD( A week earlier than release) I'd pay $10 for that.
---
Wii-U: ACxSeven 3DS: 5455-9878-3366
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: ACx7
#5MuryoPosted 8/20/2014 2:45:28 PM
Nope
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#6regsantotomasPosted 8/20/2014 2:46:00 PM
Only for early access? No. By itself this has little value proposition.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#7darkshadowmasterPosted 8/20/2014 2:47:10 PM
Depends on how much and what type of game.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#8garcia_jx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 2:54:24 PM
regsantotomas posted...
Only for early access? No. By itself this has little value proposition.

But the full version, unlimited times. I would for MCC
#9phineasfoolPosted 8/20/2014 4:58:13 PM
Nope, I think instead early access should be a preorder bonus. If you preorder the game you can get it on the Friday before the normal release day if that is a Tuesday. I think that would be a better reward than some in game content that is only useful at the beginning.
---
GT - phineasfool
#10Jiggy101011Posted 8/20/2014 5:04:29 PM
Not really. Sure when I was younger and couldn't wait for new game releases I probably would have paid for early access. Now that I'm older and work a lot and have a lot of responsibilties I find time flies by lol. Most major game releases I'm not even aware of anymore, I tend to wait until Friday comes around and pick them up then instead of going to midnight releases.

It sucks getting older lol.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Gears of War 3, Titanfall, Halo 4