So what DRM does this system still have?

#1kreegan64Posted 8/20/2014 3:36:20 PM
On it's reveal, I lost interest because of the DRM policies. I heard though that they went back on most of them though, and that they even released a SKU without the Kinect. Which DRM policies remain? And do you need a Kinect to fully appreciate the system? (obviously one would need a Kinect to play a Kinect game, but what about the other features?)
---
Jesus Christ saves any who call and accept him. Today is better than tomorrow to get saved. Never accept the mark of the beast.
#2HorridhalPosted 8/20/2014 3:52:35 PM
The same amount as any other console.

Yes, not having the kinect will hamper you a little in terms of usage, not a ton. The UI was, obviously, built around the Kinect being used and still reflects that basis.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#3kreegan64(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 3:54:59 PM
Horridhal posted...

Yes, not having the kinect will hamper you a little in terms of usage, not a ton. The UI was, obviously, built around the Kinect being used and still reflects that basis.

Could you specify a bit more?
---
Jesus Christ saves any who call and accept him. Today is better than tomorrow to get saved. Never accept the mark of the beast.
#4micheal82Posted 8/20/2014 3:59:45 PM
Having to put the disc in the console to play the game.
---
It's Clobbering Time
Best in the World
#5HorridhalPosted 8/20/2014 3:59:54 PM
kreegan64 posted...
Horridhal posted...

Could you specify a bit more?

The UI is built around voice commands, not controller input. This makes it slightly annoying to navigate the UI when compared to the previous gen or competitor.

It isn't a massive issue and the controller is still usable for the UI, it just isn't as good as the kinect.

As for the DRM, the X1 has no more or less DRM built in than the PS4. All the initial DRM crap was reversed.
---
#6ExDiosPosted 8/20/2014 4:00:50 PM
Your disc must remain in the drive if you bought a physical copy, and obviously you must be connected to the internet to purchase digital games. Same as any other console.
---
Anime currently watching: Hunter x Hunter (2011), Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Games Currently Playing: Ryse: Son of Rome, Wolfenstein: TNO
#7MrImpatient35Posted 8/20/2014 4:01:04 PM
It has them all lol.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#8Sith JediPosted 8/20/2014 4:05:08 PM
Actually slightly less restricted than the other consoles. Unless the PS4 and Wii U can share digital games like the XB1...which they may very well do.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#9HorridhalPosted 8/20/2014 4:07:04 PM
Sith Jedi posted...
Actually slightly less restricted than the other consoles. Unless the PS4 and Wii U can share digital games like the XB1...which they may very well do.

If you mean by account sharing the PS4 does it also. Not sure about the Wii.
---
#10jakethenoobPosted 8/20/2014 4:07:18 PM
I can't even watch DVDs on the thing if I'm not online.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/