Phil Spencer: Exclusives Can Help Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Grow

#1quincy2000aPosted 8/20/2014 8:45:14 PM
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Phil-Spencer-Exclusives-Can-Help-Xbox-One-and-PlayStation-4-Grow-455605.shtml
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
#2SoulTrapperPosted 8/21/2014 1:26:02 AM
He's right that exclusives help with sales, but stealing multiplatform games away to make them exclusive is the exact opposite of what he's supposed to be doing.

Exclusives bring in sales because they're often different from the regular multiplatform games.
Simply throwing money at a third party studio for a timed exclusive instead of actually putting in some effort and making your own IP is pathetic and will have the opposite effect.

Why bother creating anything when you can just throw money around?
#3NeoMonkPosted 8/21/2014 1:26:43 AM
phil is better than that new pudgy bore from sony...
boy is he a talker... and boring...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#4Jedi454Posted 8/21/2014 1:30:49 AM(edited)
You'd hope so, when a cheap mid-range PC can outclass both PS4 and XB1 in multiplats. Money hatting developers, stealing exclusive content for their console is a stupid practice and those responsible for it should be hung. #PCMastaRace
#5WarsuhPosted 8/21/2014 1:29:46 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
He's right that exclusives help with sales, but stealing multiplatform games away to make them exclusive is the exact opposite of what he's supposed to be doing.

Exclusives bring in sales because they're often different from the regular multiplatform games.
Simply throwing money at a third party studio for a timed exclusive instead of actually putting in some effort and making your own IP is pathetic and will have the opposite effect.

Why bother creating anything when you can just throw money around?

All they did was pay for timed exclusivity just like what Sony does all the time. Doesn't matter if it is a multiplatform game.
#6NeoMonkPosted 8/21/2014 1:31:10 AM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
You'd hope so, when a cheap mid-range PC can outclass both PS4 and XB1 in multiplats. #PCMastaRace
Yet you live off consoles porting over their games to the "mastahrace" machine... otherwise you have nothing but MMORPGs to play or dare i say... MOBAs LOL

Warsuh posted...
All they did was pay for timed exclusivity just like what Sony does all the time. Doesn't matter if it is a multiplatform game.
Could you provide us with the list of games that came out PS4 then eventually came out on other consoles later on? Must be a mighty big list!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#7kyncaniPosted 8/21/2014 1:30:49 AM
* Watches the Xbox One grow *

This may take some time ...
#8ItchyTasty93Posted 8/21/2014 2:46:15 AM
Jedi454 posted...
You'd hope so, when a cheap mid-range PC can outclass both PS4 and XB1 in multiplats. Money hatting developers, stealing exclusive content for their console is a stupid practice and those responsible for it should be hung. #PCMastaRace

You defended xb1 to death.
Now you "sold" it & "switched" as a PC gamer.

why so bitter?
Are you 15? Lol
---
i7 3770K / ASUS P8Z77-V /Corsair 16 GB Vengeance / Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 / Asus GeForce GTX 670 / Corsair HX PS 750-W
#9HoundourPosted 8/21/2014 2:52:22 AM
Seeing people get upset that Microsoft is 'stealing' multiplatform games is hilarious. It's a timed exclusive so chill. You'll play it eventually, after everyone else has.
---
#10WarsuhPosted 8/21/2014 2:54:54 AM
NeoMonk posted...
Jedi454 posted...
You'd hope so, when a cheap mid-range PC can outclass both PS4 and XB1 in multiplats. #PCMastaRace
Yet you live off consoles porting over their games to the "mastahrace" machine... otherwise you have nothing but MMORPGs to play or dare i say... MOBAs LOL

Warsuh posted...
Could you provide us with the list of games that came out PS4 then eventually came out on other consoles later on? Must be a mighty big list!

I never said anything about ps4. I said Sony, as far as I know the ps4 isn't the only console Sony has made.