Is Microsoft abandoning Kinect?

#1quincy2000aPosted 8/20/2014 7:47:04 PM
https://uk.games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/what-s-happening-with-kinect-210140058.html?
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
#2TOhasNoRingPosted 8/20/2014 7:47:37 PM
3 topics in 4 minutes... Lookin to set a record?
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#3TheGleamEyesPosted 8/20/2014 7:57:50 PM
Devs aren't developing for it, so it's on Microsoft alone to make games utilizing it.

Which they have yet to announce so...
#4Sith JediPosted 8/20/2014 8:08:52 PM
TheGleamEyes posted...
Devs aren't developing for it, so it's on Microsoft alone to make games utilizing it.

Which they have yet to announce so...

This. They never should have dropped it since it obviously didn't boost sales by much.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#5Rafficus_IIIPosted 8/20/2014 8:12:00 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
3 topics in 4 minutes... Lookin to set a record?

Nah, he's just seeing which article he can get the most rise out of the Xbox fans without giving away his intentions. Hence, why he just posts the link and no opinion.

That said, I'll buy the stand-alone kinect when they offer it.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#6hoggys2much99Posted 8/20/2014 8:26:10 PM
Great article.

I see MS have finally seen the light, the penny has dropped and have finally got it through their heads that nobody want's Crapect er I mean Kinect. The second most useless peripheral (after the Wiimote) ever created for gaming.

Yet another of that clown Don Mattricks crazy ideas thrown out the window by MS.
---
GT: hoggys2much
Don't **** with a Witch - Bayonetta
#7kyncaniPosted 8/20/2014 11:54:50 PM(edited)
hoggys2much99 posted...
Great article.

I see MS have finally seen the light, the penny has dropped and have finally got it through their heads that nobody want's Crapect er I mean Kinect. The second most useless peripheral (after the Wiimote) ever created for gaming.

Yet another of that clown Don Mattricks crazy ideas thrown out the window by MS.

The Wiimote isn't bad provided you don't use any of its motion controls.

I am so glad Microsoft has abandoned the Kinect camera though :)
The thing is just crap. One day it will piss me off more than usual and I'll just put it back in the box, where it belongs.
#8hoggys2much99Posted 8/21/2014 12:13:41 AM
kyncani posted...
hoggys2much99 posted...
Great article.

The Wiimote isn't bad provided you don't use any of its motion controls.

I am so glad Microsoft has abandoned the Kinect camera though :)
The thing is just crap. One day it will piss me off more than usual and I'll just put it back in the box, where it belongs.

Great response.

I have never understood to this day just what MS saw in that crap. It was doomed the minute it started.

I am currently reading my way through the 100 worst games on gamesradar and I have lost count how many Crapect er I mean Kinect games are on it.

I play games to relax not to jump about like a clown and someone needs to tell MS we all do not live in huge American style open plan houses. There is nowhere in my house do I have the room to use a Kinect.

Then forcing it on us was just the last straw.

They say millions have been sold but I wonder just how many of that crap is still being used and not acting as dust collectors or paperweights.

MS doing what they are good at and have been doing for a long time forcing crap nobody wants on to all of us.

Hopefully this is the end of the motion control fad.
---
GT: hoggys2much
Don't **** with a Witch - Bayonetta
#9SoulTrapperPosted 8/21/2014 12:18:36 AM
Kinect wasn't added for the gaming part of it, but for the added ad revenue through data mining.
A point that's only further proven by the fact that, outside of the usual few, there are no games for it.

Microsoft put a lot of focus on how important the kinect was, but didn't bother making anything to actually make people want one.
#10NeoMonkPosted 8/21/2014 12:25:47 AM
Abandoning? NO

Abandoned? YES
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator