Xbox One has now sold 5 million units !

#41OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/21/2014 11:42:53 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...

I don't think you understand how anything works. The Chinese government didn't buy anything. They approved a certain number of units to be allowed into the retail stream.

Shh.... don't burst his bubble. It is better that he doesn't know the reality of the situation.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#42Evel138Posted 8/22/2014 12:32:53 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...

I don't think you understand how anything works. The Chinese government didn't buy anything. They approved a certain number of units to be allowed into the retail stream.

Shh.... don't burst his bubble. It is better that he doesn't know the reality of the situation.

Whats almost cute in a way is that you people act as if you know how "anything works" or the "reality of the situation"...I'm sure you're both an authority on "Chinese government". Ahh, how I remember when I was 20 whole years old as well.......
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 The Badguy
PS4360One
#43TheGam3925Posted 8/22/2014 12:46:32 AM
Evel138 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

Whats almost cute in a way is that you people act as if you know how "anything works" or the "reality of the situation"...I'm sure you're both an authority on "Chinese government". Ahh, how I remember when I was 20 whole years old as well.......

Are you white knighting for leelee? By all means, help him prove his case, he needs all the help he can get lol.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#44Evel138Posted 8/22/2014 1:09:06 AM
Make no mistake, I don't know "leelee" nor could I give two ****s tbqh. My statement stands for itself. I remember when I was 20 whole years old and looking back now, it's laughable when you people act as if you know how things work or the "reality of the situation".
---
PS4360One
#45TheGam3925Posted 8/22/2014 1:16:28 AM
Evel138 posted...
Make no mistake, I don't know "leelee" nor could I give two ****s tbqh. My statement stands for itself. I remember when I was 20 whole years old and looking back now, it's laughable when you people act as if you know how things work or the "reality of the situation".

Let's see these 20 year olds then. Who are they and how do you know their age? If you know so much about the deal between MS and China please share your infinite wisdom with us oh wise one. I am still waiting to see one shred of concrete evidence. Perhaps you are the chosen one who can shed light on this deal between China and the Microsoft.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#46Evel138Posted 8/22/2014 1:33:30 AM
I know this: these forums are full of CEOs, Lawyers, analysts, economists, etc etc. However the VAST majority here are early 20-somethings that simply haven't had any time out in the real world. They've never owned a business or run a company and know jack **** about international trade.

You know why the older generation mock the young? It's not because we're "out of touch", as most young people believe, it's because....well.....let me put it to you in terms in which you might understand. Think of a toddler. All the cute antics they put on display.....well, it's that same wonderful naivety we see in those 20 something that harbor the delusion they got the world all figured out. It's basically the same difference, though far less cute.
---
PS4360One
#47Spetsnaz420Posted 8/22/2014 1:38:03 AM
SaltyBotz posted...
Considering the 5m they sold to China, that means the Xbox One has technically sold more systems than the PS4. The ponies are in a damage control frenzy atm aren't they?

Careful you don't pull something
---
Don't mistake me for a troll, I'm just a nice guy who likes to debate/argue
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#48TheGam3925Posted 8/22/2014 1:45:54 AM
Evel138 posted...
I know this: these forums are full of CEOs, Lawyers, analysts, economists, etc etc. However the VAST majority here are early 20-somethings that simply haven't had any time out in the real world. They've never owned a business or run a company and know jack **** about international trade.

You know why the older generation mock the young? It's not because we're "out of touch", as most young people believe, it's because....well.....let me put it to you in terms in which you might understand. Think of a toddler. All the cute antics they put on display.....well, it's that same wonderful naivety we see in those 20 something that harbor the delusion they got the world all figured out. It's basically the same difference, though far less cute.

In other words nothing. Glad we could clear that up. Come back when you have something to substantiate your claims.
---
#49kyncani(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 2:15:24 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
SaltyBotz posted...
Considering the 5m they sold to China, that means the Xbox One has technically sold more systems than the PS4. The ponies are in a damage control frenzy atm aren't they?

Careful you don't pull something

Well it would be great if Microsoft could announce 10 million units sold next year, with China leading the Xbox One :)
#50shauntenninePosted 8/22/2014 5:17:05 AM
leelee3105 posted...
shauntennine posted...
leelee3105 posted...
xacebop posted...
kyncani posted...
"""Though it's still unconfirmed, it sure sounds like the Xbox One has now sold-through at least 5 million units since the console's launch in November 2013. This would be up from 3 million units sold through the end of the year, meaning Microsoft has shifted at least two million additional consoles so far in 2014."""

At least two million additional Xbox One this year !

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/it-sounds-like-xbox-one-sales-have-reached-at-leas/1100-6421798/

Shifted is not sold.
5 million to China, not sold.
Have you seen the Chinese Xbox ad campaign? Gonna have to do better than that

MS sold 5 mil to China. Doesn't matter if not a single one sales. That's still a few billion more dollars in their pockets to use back here in America. Enough to secure another exclusive and have another Day of SALT

How much do you think they make on a console? A little business/economics/accounting/high school math 101 for you, revenue does not equal profit.

Besides, I've yet to hear anything about Chinese retailers actually ordering 5 million xbones. Last I heard the Chinese government merely approved the sale of 5 million consoles.

they already paid to have the consoles made. that money is gone forever regardless. My point still stands. Thanks for the econ 101 lesson though. I didnt take that course in college because econ majors had to take 151 and 152 instead :)

For your second point, you dont seem to understand how China works.

Man, you sure say a whole lot without saying anything at all.

As an economics major you really should understand this situation a little better. Unless you're ready to enlighten us and share your source for Chinese retailers actually ordering 5 million xbones?