Eurogamer: Microsoft testing 24-hour free game unlocks for Xbox One

#11kyncaniPosted 8/21/2014 5:43:47 AM
So basically you can now demo all games ?

Great :)
#12lunaticcorePosted 8/21/2014 5:46:17 AM
kyncani posted...
So basically you can now demo all games ?

Great :)

Not sure that is what this is.

It looks more like a single day special free play of specific games.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#13BiggyDXPosted 8/21/2014 6:01:29 AM
I'm curious as to what games this applies to.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#14eastofeastsidePosted 8/21/2014 6:04:50 AM
Microsoft is trying to devalue gaming for its evil agenda.
#15chris0009Posted 8/21/2014 6:20:14 AM
Sometimes trolls cant seperate bad news from the good.

24 hour rental on xbox 1 is free

4 hour rental on ps4 is 5$

so 30$ for 24 hour rentals on ps4 for PASTGEN games vs free 24 hour rentals on x1 for CURRENTGEN games

You can also rent 4 current gen games for 5$ for a month with ea access. I feel bad for the sony people living in denile and such. Ms learned how to do drm quick, sony doesnt have the software to even compete with those prices. Its ironic how people bashed ms for drm yet sony is the real criminal when it comes to drm.
#16chris0009Posted 8/21/2014 6:23:04 AM
Also unless sony gives up on psnow, you can expect the ubisoft, activision, 2k, squareenix, konami, and namco game streaming apps to be x1 exclusive also.
#17eastofeastsidePosted 8/21/2014 6:33:05 AM
chris0009 posted...

so 30$ for 24 hour rentals on ps4 for PASTGEN games vs free 24 hour rentals on x1 for CURRENTGEN games

You can also rent 4 current gen games for 5$ for a month with ea access. I feel bad for the sony people living in denile and such. Ms learned how to do drm quick, sony doesnt have the software to even compete with those prices. Its ironic how people bashed ms for drm yet sony is the real criminal when it comes to drm.

Your not seeing the big picture. M$ is trying to undermine Sony's game business model so they can sell Xbox One to casuals who will use Cortana to turn on their living room lights and star their fire place.

Have fun seeing gaming die.

M$ is not about games, don't fall for Phil's tasty PR Kool-Aid he's still calling from Don Mattrick's playbook.
#18Stabs2503Posted 8/21/2014 7:17:01 AM(edited)
^ fanboy at its finest. It's people like you ruining gaming not Microsoft.

Edit: couldn't tell he was joking lol my bad
---
Sent from iPhone PowerFAQs.
#19Veemon_XPosted 8/21/2014 6:44:58 AM
eastofeastside posted...
chris0009 posted...

Your not seeing the big picture. M$ is trying to undermine Sony's game business model so they can sell Xbox One to casuals who will use Cortana to turn on their living room lights and star their fire place.

M$ is not about games, don't fall for Phil's tasty PR Kool-Aid he's still calling from Don Mattrick's playbook.

Halo reference I see.
I'm not really into the series as much, but Halo games are pretty fun. Halo 3 was the best and the co-op was awesome. I guess "casual" games can be pretty fun. Seems like the "casual" insult is really nothing more than "sticks and stones."
---
Proud owner of a PS4
Might also get a One one or two years from now because it seems to agitate ponies suggesting it might have something worthwhile after all.
#20ExempliGratiaPosted 8/21/2014 6:45:29 AM
eastofeastside posted...
chris0009 posted...

Did you type this and really think it was a good coherent thought?

I don't believe it.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia