Microsoft's Xbox head: We didn't force 1080p support for Diablo III on Xbox One

#1quincy2000aPosted 8/21/2014 5:25:29 AM
http://m.wpcentral.com/microsofts-xbox-head-we-didnt-force-1080p-support-diablo-iii-xbox-one
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
#2YomonachiXPosted 8/21/2014 5:34:59 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
You're like Solnot, minus the quirky fake XBROS banter.

Lay link, say nothing, run on, repeat.

---
Master of LNI: http://i.imgur.com/mVDzwJk.png http://i.imgur.com/0KVcj4O.png
Shrek is Love. Shrek is Life. In truth, I always upvote Shrek. Plz don't block me.
#3LapanuiPosted 8/21/2014 5:37:25 AM
To be honest, we have no idea what has actually gone in. Journalists twist things all the time, developers will say things they don't actually mean or it could just come out wrong.

Don't really understand why people are making a big deal out of this at all. Shouldn't really be an issue.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#4SoulTrapperPosted 8/21/2014 5:41:09 AM
YomonachiX posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
You're like Solnot, minus the quirky fake XBROS banter.

Lay link, say nothing, run on, repeat.

That's called informing people:
Dropping a link without adding to or detracting from it.

You could add: "That Spencer is a damn liar" or "Blizzard must have lied", but both of those will only cause a flame war to erupt.

I wouldn't expect someone like Sigma to understand what giving unbiased info is, working on Xbox games and all.
#5SoulTrapperPosted 8/21/2014 5:45:15 AM
Lapanui posted...
To be honest, we have no idea what has actually gone in. Journalists twist things all the time, developers will say things they don't actually mean or it could just come out wrong.

Don't really understand why people are making a big deal out of this at all. Shouldn't really be an issue.

That's pretty much the issue: we don't know what's going on.

Blizzard says A, Spencer says B.

And once again, people are left questioning what exactly is going on.

Figuring out why the resolution got pushed up to 1080p with some minor fps drops is pretty important to try and find out what Microsofts priorities are going to be moving forward: resolution or gameplay?
#6LapanuiPosted 8/21/2014 5:49:26 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Lapanui posted...

That's pretty much the issue: we don't know what's going on.

Blizzard says A, Spencer says B.

And once again, people are left questioning what exactly is going on.

Figuring out why the resolution got pushed up to 1080p with some minor fps drops is pretty important to try and find out what Microsofts priorities are going to be moving forward: resolution or gameplay?

In this case, gameplay wasn't affected. I don't think MS are going to push a developer to hit 1080p if they know the frame rate is going to take a huge hit. I don't think they would have followed through if they knew the frame rate was going to drop to below 30. It's only dropping to about 55 was it? It's negligible.

MS and Sony want to provide their consumers with the best experiences. They aren't stupid, if a game is going to take a massive frame rate hit that is noticeable if they try to push for 1080p, they aren't going to do it.
---
#7Jiggy101011Posted 8/21/2014 5:50:52 AM
Can people really tell the difference between 60fps and dips to 50fps? I can't, but people are making it seem like it is very noticeable.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Gears of War 3, Titanfall, Halo 4
#8LapanuiPosted 8/21/2014 5:52:49 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
Can people really tell the difference between 60fps and dips to 50fps? I can't, but people are making it seem like it is very noticeable.

Me and my brother have been playing since release day, not sure if the difficulty affects the number of mobs on the screen, but we have been playing where they have been like 30 mobs on the screen all at once with explosions and all kinds of special effects. I have not noticed a drop in frames at all.

If you were to put two videos together, one is 60fps and the other is 50fps, you will probably tell the difference, but the game isn't dropping to 50fps constantly. It's like a dip for a second or two.
---
#9SoulTrapperPosted 8/21/2014 5:55:02 AM(edited)
Lapanui posted...

In this case, gameplay wasn't affected. I don't think MS are going to push a developer to hit 1080p if they know the frame rate is going to take a huge hit. I don't think they would have followed through if they knew the frame rate was going to drop to below 30. It's only dropping to about 55 was it? It's negligible.

MS and Sony want to provide their consumers with the best experiences. They aren't stupid, if a game is going to take a massive frame rate hit that is noticeable if they try to push for 1080p, they aren't going to do it.

According to Eurogamer, it now has slight fps drops to low 50s.

Whether it's negligible or not is irrelevant, fact is that it's there and according to Blizzard, it's there because Microsoft "forced" them to go to 1080p.

And more importantly: who is lying here? If Spencer is telling the truth, why would Blizzard decide to up the resolution and blame Microsoft?
If Blizzard is telling the truth, why would Spencer lie about it?

Jiggy101011 posted...

You can if you put them next to each other, but otherwise it's barely noticeable.
#10lunaticcorePosted 8/21/2014 6:02:44 AM
What Digital Foundry doesn't know is how bad the game was dropping at 1080p originally before they dropped the resolution and before Microsoft gave them the updated code to bring it back to 1080.

Everybody keeps acting like the mini drops we are getting now are the ones they originally dropped the resolution for.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng