Evolve Ecstatically Excited!

#1XboxDruggiePosted 8/21/2014 5:02:30 AM
Killed me when they delayed this game, however, it just lets me know the developers have dignity in their work and game.

What I'm seriously and anxiously curious about is more details about the game: how many maps, monsters, and the hunter classes there are in total? Wasn't there at one time an announcement for a beta, what's going on with that?

All I hope is that it's just seriously fun to play, because the concept of the game is truly kick ass! Anyone else itching and craving for this game?
---
XBL NocturnalFreak
Too weird to live, Too rare to die!
#2kennyynnooPosted 8/21/2014 5:07:06 AM
Not at all, rather have l4d3, I'm not liking evolve at all honestly.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#3XboxDruggie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 5:10:24 AM
Yeah, a new Left 4 Dead would be more than welcomed to my game collection also! Actually come to think of it I'm surprised they went with a new IP, but never know, we may see it in the future.…
---
XBL NocturnalFreak
Too weird to live, Too rare to die!
#4kennyynnooPosted 8/21/2014 5:13:19 AM
Yeah I can't get into the creature thing, they basically just upgraded graphics and used the 1 person is a zombie mode from l4d2 and it's not overly exciting since the world isn't really interactive, you just run around trying to kill 1 player and they try to kill you. I can't get excited from this, it seems bland. But different strokes for different folks.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#5AWarAmp84Posted 8/21/2014 5:24:37 AM
I'm interested but worried at the same time. Being a heavy teamwork based game, I have a feeling that the people that use Party chat exclusively and the no micers are going to ruin this game for the random people that pick it up. Also, have they talked about some kind of kicking feature? Will it be abused like it was in L4D? All of these things can be a recipe for disaster IMO if not implemented correctly.
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#6InjusticeRebornPosted 8/21/2014 5:28:02 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Yeah I can't get into the creature thing, they basically just upgraded graphics and used the 1 person is a zombie mode from l4d2 and it's not overly exciting since the world isn't really interactive, you just run around trying to kill 1 player and they try to kill you. I can't get excited from this, it seems bland. But different strokes for different folks.

This. Sort of.

I want to give Evolve a chance, but it isn't grabbing me all that much. The fact I couldn't get into Left 4 Dead either is another thing making me doubt it. L4D2 was one of my mistakes of gen 7.
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#7AbstraktProfSC2Posted 8/21/2014 5:39:43 AM
nope. this game looks lame as hell to me

Im willing to give it a chance but from what Ive seen, I dont care for it
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/Abstrakt1/fullnxe/card.png http://i.imgur.com/IpQzE.png
#8mrpicPosted 8/21/2014 6:45:08 AM
personally i pretty psyched for evolve also, not only because of the similarity to l4d but because the next gen really needs more teamwork orientated games

personally i loved l4d and thought l4d2 was ok (honestly preferred the first much more the second was just a cliché of american stereotypes)

im hoping for lots of variation in the monster types stealth, brute strength, evasiveness,flying , ranged, close quarters, midrange, distraction ability's, 1 shot moves , area control (sludge slowing people, static charging an area for increased damage, ability to track a key hunter, using terrain to yo advantage for distraction , throwing rocks into birds to create a distraction.

all these things are ideas thought of to make playing as a monster more fun and varied
hopefully some will be implemented.

really cant wait for this game and im surprised its almost going under the radar of most people at the moment.
#9mrpicPosted 8/21/2014 6:52:19 AM
fyi if you are like me and are looking for mates to play evolve with on xb1 when it releases and in the meantime play some other games , add me

gt; boltonwanderer
#10TwinmoldPosted 8/21/2014 7:03:21 AM
My biggest concern is that the monster looks horribly underpowered in every video I've seen.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf