resolution fans, explain to me RYSE.

#1sanas_thirituPosted 8/21/2014 7:37:50 AM
I am honestly confused. All you 1080p fanatics please explain how an xone game RYSE is still the best looking game this generation by a mile. Why is it that ps4 1080p games don't look as good?
And in the same vein, please explain how a game looks any better by simply being in a higher resolution?

Can we atleast now lay the myth that higher resolution is better looking to rest?
---
Monkeys and humans evolved from a common ancestor - xbox board.
Sanas_thiritu refuses to associate with monkeys. Creationism is the truth.
#2kennyynnooPosted 8/21/2014 7:39:23 AM
We could've laid it to rest but then you started this again.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#3bob15xPosted 8/21/2014 7:40:04 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
I am honestly confused. All you 1080p fanatics please explain how an xone game RYSE is still the best looking game this generation by a mile. Why is it that ps4 1080p games don't look as good?
And in the same vein, please explain how a game looks any better by simply being in a higher resolution?

Can we atleast now lay the myth that higher resolution is better looking to rest?

it looks great, and a 720p game can look great but I found Ryse a tad blurry. The higher the res the sharper it looks but that does not mean a 720p game is ugly.
#4TheGam3925Posted 8/21/2014 7:41:34 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69519706

Explain to me why you haven't eaten your boot yet.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#5OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/21/2014 7:43:14 AM
Some reviews (likely bought by microsoft) claimed the graphics to be the "best next gen has to offer" or something and the xbros latched onto it. That is the story of RYSE.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#6ExempliGratiaPosted 8/21/2014 7:49:14 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Some reviews (likely bought by microsoft) claimed the graphics to be the "best next gen has to offer" or something and the xbros latched onto it. That is the story of RYSE.

Lol. Anything positive about something Microsoft has to be paid off Amirite?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#7MrImpatient35Posted 8/21/2014 7:51:35 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

Those are the unwritten rules of trolling. Also, don't forget to use the word reassurance as much as possible.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#8MrMojoRisin357Posted 8/21/2014 7:52:25 AM
TLoU looked better.
---
LIVE : Jay Is Allah
#9OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/21/2014 7:53:13 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

Well, I'd assume that obvious lies had to have been bought. :v Anything giving RYSE a positive review had to have been paid for with lots of coin. It is six hours long, has mindless gameplay, and doesn't look much (I'm being generous here, since I don't see how it stands out graphically at all) better than other next gen titles.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#10dnmtPosted 8/21/2014 7:54:25 AM
Ryse looks good because a) it's made by one of the most technically-proficient developers on the planet and b) it's a super linear game, akin to TLoU except more closed off. It should also be noted that even at 900p it has serious issues maintaining a solid framerate.