resolution fans, explain to me RYSE.

#31MRL3G3NDPosted 8/21/2014 8:09:29 AM
resolution is the clarity in the graphics

actual graphics are the actual art gone in to it...the shading and the detail...

You can have a graphically intensive game, but it will look like you need glasses in a lower resolution...1080p means it's crisp and clean...

if you have a native 1080p TV anything less will have to be stretched out...which causes blurriness...

1080p/60fps should be the standard for next gen...seeing that they called last gen machines HD gaming because they ushered in 720p

I had a 1080i game for the original xbox
---
http://www.twitch.tv/mrlegend101/
https://www.youtube.com/user/MRLEGEND102
#32McCartneyMartinPosted 8/21/2014 8:54:16 AM
Tomb Raider looked the best thus far.
#33LorneMaIvoPosted 8/21/2014 8:58:37 AM
Ryse is not the best looking game this generation. It might have the most detailed textures, but put a PS4 exclusive in a corridor and its textures would wipe the floor with anything Xbox One could ever put out.

Overall, Second Son is the most graphically impressive game this gen thus far. Its textures are highly detailed, it has incredible lighting and particle effects, and all the while being in an open world environment that you can traverse in any given moment, instead of being confined within a corridor that's about the width of one of the roads in Second Son.
#34ChiliPupPosted 8/21/2014 9:00:41 AM
McCartneyMartin posted...
Tomb Raider looked the best thus far.

Loved the game, but it had some bizarre graphic qualities. Not the fault of any console, but just some weird animations by the developer. And Lara's hair physics, as much as they brag about it, are pretty awful. The sharpness is there, the framerate is fine, but the hair does not behave naturally at all.

Although I personally think The Last of Us Remastered is the best looking console game so far, I don't think we've even scratched the surface of what the XOne and PS4 are capable of this gen. Give developers a couple more years, and we will be seeing much better looking stuff. Although, PC gamers will STILL be claiming best graphics lol.

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#35Juzten76Posted 8/21/2014 9:03:07 AM
Hey haters.

http://www.crytek.com/news/ryse-son-of-rome-wins-siggraph-award-for-best-real-time-graphics

Ryse: Son of Rome, Crytek’s under-received next-gen launch title, has earned itself a prestigious SIGGRAPH award for Best Real-Time Graphics. Released last november, the Xbox One’s Roman Hack-’n-Slash has impressed players and press around the world with its groundbreaking visuals, rivaled only by the likes of PC titles developed with the sole intent to melt your GPU.

Now stop kidding yourselves.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#36SxmfctPosted 8/21/2014 9:14:57 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Some reviews (likely bought by microsoft) claimed the graphics to be the "best next gen has to offer" or something and the xbros latched onto it. That is the story of RYSE.

It's funny because even though I've seen so few of your posts it's obvious to me whose alt you are

How's that "operating system deterioration" treating you?
---
sigless user logic
#37kingofjamaicaPosted 8/21/2014 9:17:16 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
All you 1080p fanatics please explain how an xone game RYSE is still the best looking game this generation by a mile.

I think Infamous: Second Son is the more impressive title visually. Both from a technical and artistic standpoint.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#38blitz_0623Posted 8/21/2014 9:17:59 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Hey haters.

http://www.crytek.com/news/ryse-son-of-rome-wins-siggraph-award-for-best-real-time-graphics

Ryse: Son of Rome, Crytek’s under-received next-gen launch title, has earned itself a prestigious SIGGRAPH award for Best Real-Time Graphics. Released last november, the Xbox One’s Roman Hack-’n-Slash has impressed players and press around the world with its groundbreaking visuals, rivaled only by the likes of PC titles developed with the sole intent to melt your GPU.

Seriously? If a game wins GotY in VGX that doesn't make it the GotY to other people. Stop kidding yourself
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#39kingofjamaicaPosted 8/21/2014 9:18:10 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Hey haters.

In 2013. It's only competition was Killzone: Shadowfall, and honestly, that game is pretty close to Ryse visually.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#40regs8376Posted 8/21/2014 9:20:15 AM
Dont you have to apply to be considered for that award? We dont even know what the competition was...

Also, I am still waiting for the TC to man up and change his sig