Is bloodborne the answer to Xbox dominating the exclusives? I hope not.

#191leatheljPosted 8/23/2014 7:33:39 AM
Homie_202 posted...
leathelj posted...
Turned I to a ps fanboy vs xbox fanboy war not surprising but but but sales and pixels It's pathetic. On topic I agree xbox has the better line up if games many people have said this I thought this was well known by now ever since launch. I'm not saying Sony has bad games tho. I honestly think bloodborne will be ultra niche ps fans should stop over hypeing that game.

That's fine and your entitled to your opinion. But most polls on any website says that the playstation has a better lineup. And saying bloodborne will only reach a niche audience is just wrong. It may not reach a gigantic audience like the halo games but it's not as appealing as a shooter. But dark souls 2 has been in the top 10 boards on the 360 and ps3 since launch. Dark souls 1 was in the top ten for a long time. I would say they are far from niche titles.

I really don't care what polls say honestly they carry no weight. But your also entitiled to your opinion as well. Even tho souls games were rated high maybe overrated it was still niche at least looking at it's sales how many actully played it. It dosent matter tho gamers will buy what they want I don't really care about sales all I know is Microsoft has tons of games I want. I mean bloodborne, lbp3 a new uncharted that driveing game a lot of indie games ehhhh I'm just not felling it not saying those games will be bad.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#192astutecolliePosted 8/23/2014 7:38:59 AM
This topic is silly. The souls games have low sales, and bloodborne isnt even being made by the same team. Oh, and its like 1.5 years away.

These games are obviously no competition for much bigger franchises like halo and gears. Those games get more preorders than the souls games get in total sales. Its a niche, almost underground franchise that isnt the answer to anything. Its just a complimentary exclusive, not a system seller.
#193suzukimatsuiPosted 8/23/2014 1:21:32 PM
astutecollie posted...
This topic is silly. The souls games have low sales, and bloodborne isnt even being made by the same team. Oh, and its like 1.5 years away.

These games are obviously no competition for much bigger franchises like halo and gears. Those games get more preorders than the souls games get in total sales. Its a niche, almost underground franchise that isnt the answer to anything. Its just a complimentary exclusive, not a system seller.

And what is your definition of low sales then? If you are saying sub 1 million copies then sure yea the 360 of DS1 hasn't gotten there year yet and as for DS2 isn't even anywhere near 500k. However the PS versions are doing very well.

As for competition why are you even making a comparison? The game is as you said a niche like title yet it is main stream enough that everyone knows about it. Bloodborne will move consoles like any new hyped game with a good pedigree but obviously not at the pace of AAA titles.
#194LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 1:52:43 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
astutecollie posted...

And what is your definition of low sales then? If you are saying sub 1 million copies then sure yea the 360 of DS1 hasn't gotten there year yet and as for DS2 isn't even anywhere near 500k. However the PS versions are doing very well.

As for competition why are you even making a comparison? The game is as you said a niche like title yet it is main stream enough that everyone knows about it. Bloodborne will move consoles like any new hyped game with a good pedigree but obviously not at the pace of AAA titles.

I'm content with letting this thread die but as of now.

Dark souls on ps3 has 1.83m
Dark Souls 2 on Ps3 has 900k. (1.2 mil accoridng to a few sites.)

Pretty weak compared to Fable 3 which almost has 5 mil just on 360 alone.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#195suzukimatsuiPosted 8/23/2014 2:07:56 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
suzukimatsui posted...
astutecollie posted...

Yea..... and how long has Fable 3 been out for?
#196LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 2:40:05 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
suzukimatsui posted...
astutecollie posted...

Yea..... and how long has Fable 3 been out for?

Dark souls 1 was releasted 2011.

Fable has a year on it but neither game is gonna see a spike in sales at this point. Dark souls is not gonna sell another 3.2 mil lol.

you failed.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#197MajesticFerretPosted 8/23/2014 3:01:47 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Phantom Dust
Halo MCC
Quantam Break
Forza horizon 2
Sunset Overdrive
Ori and the blind forest
Scalebound

UC4
The Order: 1886
Drive Club
Bloodbourne
No Man's Sky
Wild
Rime
Hellblade
Silent Hills will probably be exclusive too.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#198mygoodluckcharmPosted 8/23/2014 3:34:00 PM
Fable and Gears are for the casuals that's why it is sold more. On the other hand the souls series appeal more to the niche gamer who enjoy deep and challenging gameplay. To gamer who gain satisfaction in dedicated hours to master their games. So I could understand while it's not as widely appealing as fable or gears, I think souls series is still the better game. But too bad I hear that bloodborne difficulty is reduced to appease more mainstream gamer. It's still a good game though.
#199NoMoreDeadCopsPosted 8/23/2014 3:37:44 PM
Is this supposed to be a list topic? That's what passes for a list for you guys? Really?
#200Homie_202Posted 8/23/2014 4:11:03 PM
astutecollie posted...

First off bloodborne is being made by the team that mafe demons souls and dark souls. The only one that was made by a different team was dark souls 2. Second bloodborne isnt even a year away. Its set for I believe feb.