Is bloodborne the answer to Xbox dominating the exclusives? I hope not.

#31astutecolliePosted 8/21/2014 12:56:56 PM
Every gen sony loses exclusives, and ms never does. Why is this? Its because sony is in shambles. Stock is now junk status, they are in massive debt funding entire divisions on loans they will never pay off and selling off other aspects of their business. Meanwhile ms is one of the wealthiest companies in the world, with around 250 bil in cash.

This is why ms does not lose exclusive that they dont willingly let go. Of course they could have wrapped up mass effect forever, but they paid i believe for a year of exclusivity to milk the sales and let it go. Theyre doing the same with tomb raider. Lock it up for a year or so, bleed the sales dry then cut it lose. They are very smart and this is why they have so much money. They dont throw it away on bad investments very often. Sony on the other hand has floundered their entire fortune to the point where they cant hang on to games that ms wants like mgs4, ff13, tomb raider. The exclusives sony has is because ms didnt want them.

If ms really wanted some of sonys other exclusives they would just take them because they have significantly more money than sony.
#32suzukimatsuiPosted 8/21/2014 12:59:10 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
LorneMaIvo posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Gotta lol @ that list. Dark souls rehash? A crappier forza? A crappier project spark? Another uncharted rehash? Deep down looks to be cool.

Still gotta laugh at that list. Desperation by ponies to say it can compete.

Anyone can do what you did. Another Fable rehash? A crappier DriveClub A crappier LBP? Another Halo rehash? Quantum Break looks to be cool.

Still gotta laugh at that list. Desperation by Xponies to say it can compete.

See how silly that was?

At least I can argue the poll results on that site, whereby most people agree the current library, upcoming library, and online subscription service goodies, are all better on PS4.

That and the massively growing sales gap.

Yeah except the new fable is nothing like the previous ones. Forza has been the racing king for years, project spark can do everything little big planet can and more. Halo is the king of console fps while uncharted pales to timed exclusive tomb raider.

Oh and massively growing sales gap?

June
PS4 269,000
XB1 197,000

July
PS4 174,000
XB1 146,000

At this rate the ratio is closing. Those numbers are hardly 3-1 or whatever you kids like to spin.

Try bringing better material in a LEGEND thread or you will keep getting beat down while I laugh.

The gap is still growing and getting wider..,., Unless the Xbone starts outselling the PS4 in the US the current gap will never disappear and slowly and steadily increase with time
#33Homie_202Posted 8/21/2014 1:01:41 PM
No the playstation has more announced retail games then the one. I would say its one of the bigger ones and it will sell a ton of copies.
#34LorneMaIvoPosted 8/21/2014 1:02:53 PM
astutecollie posted...
Your post reeks of reassurance. It must rot to only be able to afford one console that your second guessing then trying to prove why you like it to strangers on the internet.

Im very comfortable with my decision in getting the x1. I waited for sony to sell me on the ps4. Garbage exclusive lineup imo was a big part of it. You wont convince me otherwise or any other person on this board.

And fyi, i will be playing tomb raider next holiday, you will not, and that kinda tells me that its exclusive to my console. It must be awesome to wait 6 months to a year longer to play a game.

Your posts reek of reassurance, too. They are flying in the face of facts. Also, I have a $2,500 gaming PC, so I could easily afford an Xbox One if I wanted. I'm just waiting to see something announced here that will tip me over the edge, hence I post here as well. The MCC got me close to it, but one game is not enough.

That's okay, I'll be playing my 2,000 game backlog on Steam or the other multitude of PS4 games. If you think I'll be worrying about not playing Tomb Raider, as if it's so above all the other games I don't have time to play, you are fooling yourself. If it were something like Uncharted 4, Civilization Beyond Earth, or Fallout 4, then I might be a little green. But Tomb Raider? Haha good one, Chuck.

LEGEND_725 posted...
Yeah except the new fable is nothing like the previous ones. Forza has been the racing king for years, project spark can do everything little big planet can and more. Halo is the king of console fps while uncharted pales to timed exclusive tomb raider.

June
PS4 269,000
XB1 197,000

July
PS4 174,000
XB1 146,000

At this rate the ratio is closing. Those numbers are hardly 3-1 or whatever you kids like to spin.

Try bringing better material in a LEGEND thread or you will keep getting beat down while I laugh.

Forza is not racing king with cardboard crowds and 360 visuals. DriveClub has far superior effects and looks to be a superior racer in terms of immersion and physics. LBP is more polished and fleshed out, whereas Project Spark looks very tech demo-y like Knack and Ryse. lol Tomb Raider is nothing on Uncharted.

And no, you're using some made up Mathematics that is devoid of logic, and is just terrible.

First of all, you can't beat down with made up numbers. That shows you're the one frantically trying to find some information to counter in the face of all these facts, like PS4 winning poll results for upcoming games, and the massive sales vs. Xbox One's sales. PS4 Sold 187k in July, not 174k. Also, Xbox One only sold 131k, not 146k. Your attempt to fluff the numbers while bringing down the PS4's speaks volumes.

So, in NA alone, the PS4 increased the gap by 66,000 sales. How is that Xbox One closing the gap again?

Furthermore, this is one region. The PS4 is routinely outselling the Xbox One worldwide by 3:1, sometimes even 4:1 every month.

There's your better material. Now I am laughing :)
#35LorneMaIvoPosted 8/21/2014 1:04:34 PM
astutecollie posted...
Every gen sony loses exclusives, and ms never does. Why is this?

Because MS never has any real exclusives. It's all timed, so being that you like to pose timed exclusives like Tomb Raider as real exclusives, that go to PlayStation consoles eventually, you are seeing Xbox losing a lot more than Sony.

Do I have to go and count all the exclusives the PS3 had and how little of them went to the 360 over how many the 360 had that went to PS3?
#36Homie_202Posted 8/21/2014 1:05:27 PM
astutecollie posted...
The x1 has 40 exclusives to the ps4's 32, and when you look at them, the x1 does have more aaa exclusives.

Bloodborne isnt the answer to anything. The ds games arent big sellers. They sell just enough to warrant a sequel but they are not even remotely close to halo or gears. Sonys only franchise on that level is gran turismo, and thats actually debatable, since 5 and 6 didnt have stellar sales.

It took me many months to decide which console i wanted, waiting for both to sell me on theirs and ms got that done with dropping the price and superior exclusive lineup. The only thing the ps4 has this year is lbp. MS though has the next insomniac game and 4 halo games. And ms has a ton going on next year, even if tomb raider wasnt exclusive so thats just icing on the cake. Cant wait to get that sexy white sunset overdrive bundle.

The xbox one has less exclusives then the ps4. So your first sentence is wrong.
#37suzukimatsuiPosted 8/21/2014 1:07:39 PM
astutecollie posted...
Every gen sony loses exclusives, and ms never does. Why is this? Its because sony is in shambles. Stock is now junk status, they are in massive debt funding entire divisions on loans they will never pay off and selling off other aspects of their business. Meanwhile ms is one of the wealthiest companies in the world, with around 250 bil in cash.

This is why ms does not lose exclusive that they dont willingly let go. Of course they could have wrapped up mass effect forever, but they paid i believe for a year of exclusivity to milk the sales and let it go. Theyre doing the same with tomb raider. Lock it up for a year or so, bleed the sales dry then cut it lose. They are very smart and this is why they have so much money. They dont throw it away on bad investments very often. Sony on the other hand has floundered their entire fortune to the point where they cant hang on to games that ms wants like mgs4, ff13, tomb raider. The exclusives sony has is because ms didnt want them.

If ms really wanted some of sonys other exclusives they would just take them because they have significantly more money than sony.

Don't act as though MSoft has all the money in the world to just blow it on just games. If that was the case then why didn't they do it for Destiny, in which they have a solid relationship with Bungie AND Activision. The Xbox division is allocated a BUDGET for them to work with not the entirety of what they have. As for MGS4 what the hella are you even talking about? The last I heard that game is still a PS3 exclusive and as for FF13 the series still sold better on PS3 consoles rather than the 360.

I find it hilarious when people like yourself use the same argument over and over to try and make a point.
#38therickmu25Posted 8/21/2014 1:12:34 PM
PC has the best exclusives so who cares?
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
#39LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 1:13:04 PM
LorneMaIvo posted...
astutecollie posted...
Your post reeks of reassurance. It must rot to only be able to afford one console that your second guessing then trying to prove why you like it to strangers on the internet.

Im very comfortable with my decision in getting the x1. I waited for sony to sell me on the ps4. Garbage exclusive lineup imo was a big part of it. You wont convince me otherwise or any other person on this board.

And fyi, i will be playing tomb raider next holiday, you will not, and that kinda tells me that its exclusive to my console. It must be awesome to wait 6 months to a year longer to play a game.

That's okay, I'll be playing my 2,000 game backlog on Steam or the other multitude of PS4 games. If you think I'll be worrying about not playing Tomb Raider, as if it's so above all the other games I don't have time to play, you are fooling yourself. If it were something like Uncharted 4, Civilization Beyond Earth, or Fallout 4, then I might be a little green. But Tomb Raider? Haha good one, Chuck.

LEGEND_725 posted...

June
PS4 269,000
XB1 197,000

July
PS4 174,000
XB1 146,000

Forza is not racing king with cardboard crowds and 360 visuals. DriveClub has far superior effects and looks to be a superior racer in terms of immersion and physics. LBP is more polished and fleshed out, whereas Project Spark looks very tech demo-y like Knack and Ryse. lol Tomb Raider is nothing on Uncharted.

And no, you're using some made up Mathematics that is devoid of logic, and is just terrible.

First of all, you can't beat down with made up numbers. That shows you're the one frantically trying to find some information to counter in the face of all these facts, like PS4 winning poll results for upcoming games, and the massive sales vs. Xbox One's sales. PS4 Sold 187k in July, not 174k. Also, Xbox One only sold 131k, not 146k. Your attempt to fluff the numbers while bringing down the PS4's speaks volumes.

So, in NA alone, the PS4 increased the gap by 66,000 sales. How is that Xbox One closing the gap again?

Furthermore, this is one region. The PS4 is routinely outselling the Xbox One worldwide by 3:1, sometimes even 4:1 every month.

There's your better material. Now I am laughing :)

Lol at driveclub being better than forza. Enjoy your bumper car gameplay but hey at least the crowd will look pretty? I guess. lol I can't even argue with your other statements they are just baseless trolling.

Oh and with the recent sales trend the ratio is closing. I'll keep it simple with basic math since I doubt you have an associates yet .

The last NPD numbers (I posted hard numbers you pulled things out of your ass) show that the gap is not even close to 3 to 1 but the ratio is closing if this trend continues. With the dominating holiday line up its obvious it will and become even more slanted to Xbox.

Even if that doesn't happen I guess that can reassure you as you post on gamefaqs while Xbox gamers enjoy all the games. But hey good thing all ps4 owners have 2000 dollar computers lol.

Right then, class is over. Another troll put down. Too easy.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#40Garage_ManPosted 8/21/2014 1:13:36 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...
LEGEND I LOVE YOU!

Phantom Dust - Card Based Game
heck yeah! Gamers love these! So popular! CoD watch you back! phantom dust is coming!

Halo MCC - 2004 "Rise from your grave!"
Heeeeeey Yaaalll! Microsoft, I like the waaaay you move!

Quantam Break - totally non linear game
This game is the end to all exclusives! EVERYTHING in this game is fresh and brand new and never been done before. I didn't watch the gameplay trailer and feel like I've played the game already 100x before!

Forza horizon 2 - RACING!!!!
Mario Kart ain't got nothing on this game! It's cars and racing! Gamers love racing games just like most folks love NASCAR! Every race is something new!

Sunset Overdrive - Wanna Fanta?
How bout I shoot you with my Orange Soda gun? And then we hold hands with 1-8 friends as we ride the rails! To celebrate this awesome game Let us shoot zombies with FIREWORKS GUNS! OMG! This isn't gonna get old within 4min!!!!

Ori and the blind forest - FORGET INDIES
But this game is soooo cool! Cute art work and stuff, not that visuals matter it's all about gameplay! And in this game you do STUFF! Run and STUFF! And it's EXCLUSIVE!!!

Scalebound - DRAGONS!
Not much is known about this game but DRAGONS! ROOOOOAR! See those stars up there? It's DRAKO B****!!!!

Seriously who's side are you on lol.