Is bloodborne the answer to Xbox dominating the exclusives? I hope not.

#41LorneMaIvoPosted 8/21/2014 1:13:54 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
Don't act as though MSoft has all the money in the world to just blow it on just games.

I notice this fantastical mindset as well. They think Microsoft is a charity and the Xbox division is their fantasy league. It's a business and shareholders aren't happy with what the Xbox division has cost.

MS has the money to fund and buy exclusivity for Fallout 4, TES VI, Borderlands 3, and many other massive titles, sell the Xbox One at a ridiculous loss for $99, be advertised on every channel, and utterly eradicate the PS4's lead and sell 100m over the next 2 years. So why don't they do all that? Oh right, because they wouldn't make that money back, the shareholders wouldn't allow it, and the Xbox division is subject to many approvals and strict budgeting, just as much as Sony.

This is why I'm shaking my head at the delusional folks who think MS can just snap their fingers and turn this around, and all the while Sony will remain sitting there allowing it, with no moves of their own, like their own price drop, and that they don't have their own exclusives up and coming, and so forth.
#42IzraeilPosted 8/21/2014 1:15:24 PM
Well it's part of their answer to Xbox exclusives along with a bunch of others it goes:
Driveclub
LBP3
Deep Down
H1Z1
The Order: 1886
Bloodborne
Until Dawn
Ratchet and Clank
Mobile Suit Gundam

Let it Die
Everybody's gone to Rapture
Shadow of the Beast
Rime
Wild
Alienation
The tomorrow Children
Abzu

yeah, i think they'll do just fine and continue to outsell the XB1 3:1 if XB1 doesn't get some more games in it's lineup.
#43LorneMaIvoPosted 8/21/2014 1:17:51 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Lol at driveclub being better than forza. Enjoy your bumper car gameplay but hey at least the crowd will look pretty? I guess. lol I can't even argue with your other statements they are just baseless trolling.

Oh and with the recent sales trend the ratio is closing. I'll keep it simple with basic math since I doubt you have an associates yet .

The last NPD numbers (I posted hard numbers you pulled things out of your ass) show that the gap is not even close to 3 to 1 but the ratio is closing if this trend continues. With the dominating holiday line up its obvious it will and become even more slanted to Xbox.

Even if that doesn't happen I guess that can reassure you as you post on gamefaqs while Xbox gamers enjoy all the games. But hey good thing all ps4 owners have 2000 dollar computers lol.

Right then, class is over. Another troll put down. Too easy.

That's right, you can't argue with my statements.

If you could even use simple maths, you'd see the PS4 increased the lead in NA ALONE by 66,000, i.e. not a closing gap, but an extending one.

I also pointed out that, and see if you can keep up this time, WORLDWIDE is where the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One routinely, month by month, 3:1 and sometimes 4:1, which was predicted before this gen began, and fully specified Worldwide, not NA. NA was still up in the air and people thought the Xbox One would at least match PS4 there, but it seems everyone was wrong, because as we can see, PS4 is smoking Xbox One there, too.

That's funny because you're posting here right now, too, and not playing your Xbox One. By your logic, you can't enjoy it, and are here just to reassure yourself (which seems likely given your denial of the facts presented to you here).
#44archibald3Posted 8/21/2014 1:20:42 PM
JohnWall32 posted...
lol umm, xb1 has like 2 exclusives. forza and killer instinct. the rest are or will be available on 360 and or pc

This has been a tired reassurance tactic of Sony fanboys and trolls for some time. Put it to rest. If you're going to be participating in a console war to the degree you and many of the Sony gang here do - then it just seems silly to keep pointing this out for various games. It's semantics.

The games won't be on ps4 . For that matter it's what the tc was talking about with Bloodborn anyways.
#45LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 1:32:42 PM
LorneMaIvo posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Lol at driveclub being better than forza. Enjoy your bumper car gameplay but hey at least the crowd will look pretty? I guess. lol I can't even argue with your other statements they are just baseless trolling.

Oh and with the recent sales trend the ratio is closing. I'll keep it simple with basic math since I doubt you have an associates yet .

The last NPD numbers (I posted hard numbers you pulled things out of your ass) show that the gap is not even close to 3 to 1 but the ratio is closing if this trend continues. With the dominating holiday line up its obvious it will and become even more slanted to Xbox.

Even if that doesn't happen I guess that can reassure you as you post on gamefaqs while Xbox gamers enjoy all the games. But hey good thing all ps4 owners have 2000 dollar computers lol.

If you could even use simple maths, you'd see the PS4 increased the lead in NA ALONE by 66,000, i.e. not a closing gap, but an extending one.

I also pointed out that, and see if you can keep up this time, WORLDWIDE is where the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One routinely, month by month, 3:1 and sometimes 4:1, which was predicted before this gen began, and fully specified Worldwide, not NA. NA was still up in the air and people thought the Xbox One would at least match PS4 there, but it seems everyone was wrong, because as we can see, PS4 is smoking Xbox One there, too.

That's funny because you're posting here right now, too, and not playing your Xbox One. By your logic, you can't enjoy it, and are here just to reassure yourself (which seems likely given your denial of the facts presented to you here).

I'm at work. And your basically arguing in circles. I correct you then you just repeat yourself but add a new trollish spin. Time to for you to give up. Even if ps4 outsold Xbox one by 50k monthly for 5 years lets just use simple math. 200k to 150k.

Start
10 mil
5 mil.

Let's average the last 2 NPDs. I'm just gonna do 50k difference for easy math. Ps4 200k a month Xbox 150k. I believe the actual difference averaged in the last few months were 67 k or something but I'm on my phone and don't feel like going back.

12 month sales
2.4 mil
1.8 mil

5 year sales
12 mil
9 mil

So now we have
19 mil
14 mil

Hardly 2 to 1. That's how math works. Fun right? You can pull worldwide numbers from your ass but I'm using proven NPD numbers. You can adjust if you think ps4 will average 60k more or whatever but I used clean numbers to clearly show you. It's not going to 3-1 or even 2-1 unless you do it with some outlandish trollish numbers. This obviously isn't counting for holidays but it shows Xbox one is closing the ratio.

Sure ps4 might still win but Xbox remains a strong contender. So I guess these numbers help reassure you while you play indies but seeing how you think drive club will be better than forza because of the crowd... I guess you will make do.

Ok no more responses I'm done owning you. LEGEND usually doesn't acknowledge trolls more than once so you are lucky .
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#46suzukimatsuiPosted 8/21/2014 1:34:07 PM
archibald3 posted...
JohnWall32 posted...
lol umm, xb1 has like 2 exclusives. forza and killer instinct. the rest are or will be available on 360 and or pc

This has been a tired reassurance tactic of Sony fanboys and trolls for some time. Put it to rest. If you're going to be participating in a console war to the degree you and many of the Sony gang here do - then it just seems silly to keep pointing this out for various games. It's semantics.

The games won't be on ps4 . For that matter it's what the tc was talking about with Bloodborn anyways.

Same can be said for xbots as well always using the same arguments of

- PS4 has no games
- Indie Machine
- Going bankrupt
- MS using their limitless funds for exclusives
#47astutecolliePosted 8/21/2014 1:35:19 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
astutecollie posted...
Every gen sony loses exclusives, and ms never does. Why is this? Its because sony is in shambles. Stock is now junk status, they are in massive debt funding entire divisions on loans they will never pay off and selling off other aspects of their business. Meanwhile ms is one of the wealthiest companies in the world, with around 250 bil in cash.

This is why ms does not lose exclusive that they dont willingly let go. Of course they could have wrapped up mass effect forever, but they paid i believe for a year of exclusivity to milk the sales and let it go. Theyre doing the same with tomb raider. Lock it up for a year or so, bleed the sales dry then cut it lose. They are very smart and this is why they have so much money. They dont throw it away on bad investments very often. Sony on the other hand has floundered their entire fortune to the point where they cant hang on to games that ms wants like mgs4, ff13, tomb raider. The exclusives sony has is because ms didnt want them.

If ms really wanted some of sonys other exclusives they would just take them because they have significantly more money than sony.

Don't act as though MSoft has all the money in the world to just blow it on just games. If that was the case then why didn't they do it for Destiny, in which they have a solid relationship with Bungie AND Activision. The Xbox division is allocated a BUDGET for them to work with not the entirety of what they have. As for MGS4 what the hella are you even talking about? The last I heard that game is still a PS3 exclusive and as for FF13 the series still sold better on PS3 consoles rather than the 360.

I find it hilarious when people like yourself use the same argument over and over to try and make a point.

Uh, they actually do though. They exercise it every gen by stealing away games thought to be exclusive or locking up previous multiplats. Ms has a ton of exclusives. They have 8 more total than the ps4, and they had a ton last gen.

It seems to me that you ppl are only here on a board for a system you dont even own to troll and somehow convince yourself that the ps4 was worth it, because youre all doing that in every single post you make! Why are you not on your own board? Are you that threatened after ms's strong showing at e3 and gamescom? Wow, that salt definitely is real. And its very obvious because on this board all the x1 owners are very happy, even with all the salty ponies here, then you go on the ps4 board, very few xbox ppl there. What does this tell you? There is unrest in sony land.
#48suzukimatsuiPosted 8/21/2014 1:37:11 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
LorneMaIvo posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...

I'm at work. And your basically arguing in circles. I correct you then you just repeat yourself but add a new trollish spin. Time to for you to give up. Even if ps4 outsold Xbox one by 50k monthly for 5 years lets just use simple math. 200k to 150k.

Start
10 mil
5 mil.

Let's average the last 2 NPDs. I'm just gonna do 50k difference for easy math. Ps4 200k a month Xbox 150k. I believe the actual difference averaged in the last few months were 67 k or something but I'm on my phone and don't feel like going back.

12 month sales
2.4 mil
1.8 mil

5 year sales
12 mil
9 mil

So now we have
19 mil
14 mil

Hardly 2 to 1. That's how math works. Fun right? You can pull worldwide numbers from your ass but I'm using proven NPD numbers. You can adjust if you think ps4 will average 60k more or whatever but I used clean numbers to clearly show you. It's not going to 3-1 or even 2-1 unless you do it with some outlandish trollish numbers. This obviously isn't counting for holidays but it shows Xbox one is closing the ratio.

Sure ps4 might still win but Xbox remains a strong contender. So I guess these numbers help reassure you while you play indies but seeing how you think drive club will be better than forza because of the crowd... I guess you will make do.

Ok no more responses I'm done owning you. LEGEND usually doesn't acknowledge trolls more than once so you are lucky .

Again what you are failing to realize it the gap WILL keep on getting larger and larger to that eventual 2-1 ratio. If the Xbone doesn't outsell the PS4 that gap WON'T decrease at all. Why is it so hard for you to understand this its simple logic?
#49suzukimatsuiPosted 8/21/2014 1:39:40 PM
astutecollie posted...
suzukimatsui posted...
astutecollie posted...
Every gen sony loses exclusives, and ms never does. Why is this? Its because sony is in shambles. Stock is now junk status, they are in massive debt funding entire divisions on loans they will never pay off and selling off other aspects of their business. Meanwhile ms is one of the wealthiest companies in the world, with around 250 bil in cash.

This is why ms does not lose exclusive that they dont willingly let go. Of course they could have wrapped up mass effect forever, but they paid i believe for a year of exclusivity to milk the sales and let it go. Theyre doing the same with tomb raider. Lock it up for a year or so, bleed the sales dry then cut it lose. They are very smart and this is why they have so much money. They dont throw it away on bad investments very often. Sony on the other hand has floundered their entire fortune to the point where they cant hang on to games that ms wants like mgs4, ff13, tomb raider. The exclusives sony has is because ms didnt want them.

If ms really wanted some of sonys other exclusives they would just take them because they have significantly more money than sony.

Don't act as though MSoft has all the money in the world to just blow it on just games. If that was the case then why didn't they do it for Destiny, in which they have a solid relationship with Bungie AND Activision. The Xbox division is allocated a BUDGET for them to work with not the entirety of what they have. As for MGS4 what the hella are you even talking about? The last I heard that game is still a PS3 exclusive and as for FF13 the series still sold better on PS3 consoles rather than the 360.

I find it hilarious when people like yourself use the same argument over and over to try and make a point.

Uh, they actually do though. They exercise it every gen by stealing away games thought to be exclusive or locking up previous multiplats. Ms has a ton of exclusives. They have 8 more total than the ps4, and they had a ton last gen.

It seems to me that you ppl are only here on a board for a system you dont even own to troll and somehow convince yourself that the ps4 was worth it, because youre all doing that in every single post you make! Why are you not on your own board? Are you that threatened after ms's strong showing at e3 and gamescom? Wow, that salt definitely is real. And its very obvious because on this board all the x1 owners are very happy, even with all the salty ponies here, then you go on the ps4 board, very few xbox ppl there. What does this tell you? There is unrest in sony land.

I would love for you to show me that 250 billion dollar budget that the xbox division has at their disposal. If that was the case they should just outright buy SCEA AND Nintendo
#50LorneMaIvoPosted 8/21/2014 1:43:52 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...

Start
10 mil
5 mil.

12 month sales
2.4 mil
1.8 mil

5 year sales
12 mil
9 mil

So now we have
19 mil
14 mil

You can try your "arguing in circles" tactic all you like, but my every reply has shown me shooting down any semblance of a point you've made.

You stated the gap is closing, I proved it's widening, using simple mathematics.

You stated the Xbox One exclusives are better for arbitrary reasons and opinions, I said I find the PS4 exclusives better, and at least pointed out that in my favour, I have all the poll results.

Of course you'll try to state NA is the only one that matters, because worldwide, the Xbox One is getting absolutely CRUSHED. You can state there are no proven figures, but the fact that Sony mentioned they were over 10m sold through over a week ago (probably at 11m now) and MS recanted a statement yesterday saying they were at 5m, says it all.

At least you admit that in the end, NA is still going to be a loss for MS, even though you're trying to mitigate it with silly attacks on the PS4's library and your delusion that it only has indies, despite having an upcoming library that is voted as the better upcoming library of the two by the polls.