worth getting a xbox one?

#11oldhbk76Posted 8/23/2014 5:08:16 AM
Depends on which exclusives you want more.

another factor is which your friends got.

last factor would be, which system you had last gen cause achievements and trophies carry over
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#12kyncaniPosted 8/23/2014 5:12:17 AM
PS4 by far (better prices, better games, larger communities, better UI, ...).

Xbox One and Wii U are OK as secondary consoles, I wouldn't put one above the other right now.
#13InterzoneMantraPosted 8/23/2014 5:15:08 AM
don't think that either next gen console is worth it at the moment. I'd say fall next year you should look at the games that's out on each system then choose the one you like best.
#14GiarccpsnPosted 8/23/2014 7:10:21 AM
astutecollie posted...
Sony literally has nothing going on between now and holiday 2015, .

lol just stop it.
---
NNID | PSN ID | GT: JoeKnightt
#15cmincPosted 8/23/2014 7:19:39 AM
Giarccpsn posted...
astutecollie posted...

lol just stop it.

He's right. You stop it. Theres a niche dark souls that looks like it plays like dmc. Theres lbp3 which will play like every side scrolling indie already out. Theres the order, which right now doesnt even play well according to everyone thats touched it. Drive club which is an inside joke all by itself. And uncharted slated for holiday 2015, maybe.

Theres a number of third party games coming to ps4 that xb1 is also getting. More xb1 exclusives, in more genres, already out and more compelling stuff coming.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1 | WII U | 3DS
#16Rome218Posted 8/23/2014 7:30:13 AM(edited)
The way I always felt, xbox is more of a social thing than sony.

I owned all past Xbox and Sony consoles, and from my experience on XB1, people use mics very often. I have been on Diablo 3 like crazy since Tuesday, and I meet so many mic users. I have met a couple of dudes from Sweden who told me how they went to Europe because Sweden has no xb1, and I was surprised that they did that.

On PS3 I always used it for single player games. If you think about popular MS franchises like Halo and Gears, most tend to think about the chance for on-line gaming with their friends.

There are a lot of haters for those series, yet when bungie makes a game which I feel resembles a cross between Halo and CoD, everyone is kissing up to it. When Epic games hinted at Gears of War going multi, people were all excited. When MS bought the rights to the franchise, they were back to hatin on it. I would not follow popular opinion on the internet, just go with what controller you like and if you're a social gamer who talks or quiet random that gets on Gamefaqs to explain how talking on a mic is pointless.

If you are an annoying random that never talks, get a PS4. o_o Also if you are a teenager that likes to sing on his mic, get a PS4. ^_^; If you are one of those people who has to talk on the phone while using the mic, ignoring the mute feature, get a PS4 lol.
#17astutecolliePosted 8/23/2014 7:28:31 AM
Giarccpsn posted...
astutecollie posted...

lol just stop it.

Truth. And salt.
#18InfinityOver0Posted 8/23/2014 7:30:21 AM
weak troll bait
---
For the Zerg!
natural doctrine 9/23 !
#19quincy2000aPosted 8/23/2014 8:16:08 AM
You've got a lot of homework to do...

Only you can make the decision of what systen to buy after considering variables such as exclusives, friends on the systems, if you want the better performing gaming console, etc. There are a lot of things to consider.

People here are giving you their opinions, as I'm about to do mine. Nothing wrong with opinions...as long as you can determine when people are lying, for whatever reason.

"worth getting a xbox one?"

Short answer in my opinion, no, not if you can get a PS4.

The PS4 was created specifically to be a gaming console, the X1 was not.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/22/we-purposefully-did-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-microsoft-3804061/

Because I purchased both systems, I can tell you there is a definite difference between the graphics on both systems. As Microsoft said in their quote, graphics were not their main concern, the Kinect was--even though many would say Microsoft later turned its back on the Kinect.

So, you are left with a system where graphics were not deemed as important...which is kind of curious now because Microsoft is scrambling, trying to gather resources at every turn to compete with the graphics and power of the PS4.

But, it's up to you to determine what features are most important to you. Good luck with your homework!
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
#20DerekRossPosted 8/23/2014 8:21:24 AM
ps4 for games and xbox for tv