Is assassins creed 4 black flag the best looking open world game yet?

#11zerooo0Posted 8/21/2014 7:30:40 PM
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
It looks amazing on the PS4 without the crushed blacks.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/assassins-creed-4/thumb/7/74/2b-AC4.gif/468px-2b-AC4.gif

I didn't even know what a crushed black was until a bunch of gaming sites told me I had to look out for them, and I still forget they exist.

I still don't know what it is. I choose to ignore Laylow opinion on anything regarding Xbox. Because it's pretty clear where his bias lays in bed with.

Just ignore the troll, and I agree ACIV does seem to be the most impressive open world game yet. Although Sunset Overdrive might take the crown with the bright and wonderful art style that Sunset Overdrive uses. But Art Style isn't enough for Sunset Overdrive to take the cake. It will also depend on how big the world is to mess around.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#12Tajaz2426Posted 8/21/2014 7:32:00 PM
I think it is one of the best looking games on both consoles. Seeing it is a launch title, it holds itself up pretty well. I have enjoyed it immensely.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#13da_StoOgePosted 8/22/2014 12:16:20 AM
It does indeed look nice. I remember people complaining that it was barely an improvement over the last gen versions when it launched, but when I bought it a few months later I couldn't stop staring at every minute detail and texture.

Gorgeous environment, too.
---
"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die."
#14LapanuiPosted 8/22/2014 3:25:50 AM
It does look amazing, sadly they need to improve some of the mechanics because I hate climbing onto a platform when I don't want to or when my character just doesn't attack and stands there being hit constantly...
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#15jerrickPosted 8/22/2014 4:37:08 AM
Infamous SS
#16kyncaniPosted 8/22/2014 5:17:24 AM
warz0r09 posted...
I thought watch dogs looked pretty good.
#17cheezedadadaPosted 8/22/2014 6:31:47 AM(edited)
jerrick posted...
Infamous SS

I thought that for a while too, but I don't really know anymore The game does look beautiful and the lighting effects are insane, but the world itself is so dead. Its like running around a city made of cardboard.

I guess for overall graphical prowess maybe, but when it comes to being a living, breathing world, the game falls flat. AC4's world felt like it looked better for that reason alone.
---
Phil Spencer is tying someone down to train tracks right now as you read this.
I notice when Diablo 3's frame rate drops from 60FPS to 58FPS on the Xbox One.
#18Juzten76Posted 8/22/2014 7:10:39 AM
GTA V is going to take that crown when it releases on PS4 and X1.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#19benjimainPosted 8/22/2014 7:15:16 AM
Lmao Laylow toyed with LEGEND in this thread. That ownage was brutal.

Anyway, Second Son is the most technically impressive open world game to date on consoles. I mean, how in the hell can this be a free and open environment while maintaining that level of detail, lighting, textures, etc?

http://i.imgur.com/X5AoSP5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4AXNZG3.jpg

Only possible on PlayStation 4.
#20ItchyTasty93Posted 8/22/2014 7:16:28 AM
MGS5:Ground Zeroes.

Its the best looking "open world" game.
---
i7 3770K / ASUS P8Z77-V /Corsair 16 GB Vengeance / Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 / Asus GeForce GTX 670 / Corsair HX PS 750-W