If Microsoft hired you as head of Xbox your first act would be?

#31shoji_joPosted 8/22/2014 12:43:12 AM
I would bring back the original DRM restrictions.

Introduce a $300 model that had no disc drive but came with a 2TB

Drop the price of digital content so it was 15% less than the RRP

Bring in the option to sell/trade digital content for 2/3 the price it was purchased for.

Buy Capcom

Buy Platinum

Buy Konami
#32TheBonfiniPosted 8/22/2014 12:47:14 AM
Apologize so the console might start selling better. So many gamers with integrity vowed not to buy any products of MS until they say sorry for trying to ruin gaming.
---
Friendly advice taken.
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#33kyncaniPosted 8/22/2014 1:41:58 AM
Make sure Xbox One digital games are cheaper than the same PS4 game instead of the complete opposite we have right now.

Offer a Netflix-like subscription for games.
#34oldhbk76Posted 8/22/2014 1:42:13 AM
buy a Major Studio
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#35FocianPosted 8/22/2014 1:49:05 AM
We would have a Halo Wars 2 announcement.
---
GT/PSN: Focian
RIP Rik Mayall (7 March 1958 - 9 June 2014) "You're just a door, I'm Rik ****ing Mayall!!"
#36Spetsnaz420Posted 8/22/2014 1:56:56 AM(edited)
Well...

I'd cut the price by $50.
Have the Kinect team focus on the PC peripheral (because that's how it sold best with v1)
Build first party studios and have them build unique ips & and grant talent free reign to make their dream games.
Fire most of the marketing department
Phase out gold requirement
Work on getting cross platform play for larger mmos etc... (gamers shouldn't lose out)
Design official controllers that allow analog placement to be switched from asymmetrical to symmetrical
No more timed/bought exclusives/DLC... I want my system selling on its own merits, not because I can pay to gimp my competitors

In a nut she'll I'd reverse everything I see as a blight on the gaming community while keeping what's good. I'd make a nearly identical list if I was with Sony instead... I'm more interested in supporting the gamer.

Omg how could I forget Rare... I'd forbid them to work on Kinect games and push hard for some of their older franchises to return
---
Don't mistake me for a troll, I'm just a nice guy who likes to debate/argue
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#37skermacPosted 8/22/2014 2:21:26 AM
Promote Major Nelson to Colonel and give him more responsibility.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#38SpongeBob_SPPosted 8/22/2014 2:27:09 AM
Rebrand the Xbox One, and call it the PlayStation 5 instead.
#39quincy2000aPosted 8/22/2014 2:36:11 AM
I'd give early adopters who never plugged their Kinects in because they didn't want them the option of keeping that...thing or getting $100.
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
#40Oldskool_RulezPosted 8/22/2014 2:48:50 AM
My first act would be two things really.

1- Free multiplayer gaming. (Having a Gold account gives you free games, free movies and TV shows, and early access to upcoming games.)

2. Complete backwards compatibility. (Every Xbox and Xbox 360 game will be playable on the Xbox One.)
---
You don't need a reason to help people.
Don't y'all know nothin'?