Are you getting Destiny?

#21desert_santaPosted 8/22/2014 9:22:28 AM
Day one. Even though I can't play till the next day. Am expecting it to take over my life for the first three or four weeks.
#22MajesticFerretPosted 8/22/2014 9:32:05 AM
IceHusky posted...
I am still on the fence with this game. I didn't get to play the beta, so I really don't know if this game will be good or not; just what I've read on this site from some people saying it is boring and some people saying it is awesome. Usually when a game is divided like this, it is not a good sign. >_>

So I voted "undecided." I guess I will wait for (video) reviews to see the game in action and the positives/negatives people feel like they have with it before I decide on it or not.

Don't be a fool. Gamefaqs is always divided when it comes to popular games. It's called hipsters and trolls. Any game that is popular and has high ratings is apparently overrated trash on these boards.

To give a valid assessment of Destiny: I thought Halo was extremely overrated and I dislike most MMO's. I liked the Destiny beta and see enormous potential in the final package.

The game's quality. It's going to be quite literally 10x bigger than nearly other FPS SP when you take into account replayability and the MP (PvP) was quite solid as well.

If you like FPS, you should get Destiny. It's that simple. That or go buy CoD/BF, which is the same game you've already bought over and over.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#23MajesticFerretPosted 8/22/2014 9:47:42 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Nope was disappointed in the beta, and the game is nothing more than a Cross Gen port with an up res at the cost of FPS.

Getting Metro Redux where the game even though is 912p, which is apparently a sin to PS Fanboys, it's 60FPS which I will gladly take over 1080p/30FPS. Also the concept of Metro games are more interesting than Destiny.

Cool, have fun playing 8 hrs a pop games with almost no replayability while I'm playing a probably at least 30 hr per class run game with craploads of post game content, legendary items to collect, and secret missions to co-op with people. Oh, that and Metro has no PvP while Destiny does.

Also, nearly all MMO's are 30 fps. I have friends with juggernaut rigs that can't run a lot of MMO's at 60 without noticeable frame dropping, which is worse than a buttery smooth 30.

I guess if you're too much of a fps whore that you'd rather buy a game with a fraction the content (and less fun, co-op >>> normal SP FPS) than that's your parogative.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#24ComradeRyanPosted 8/22/2014 10:10:43 AM
Nope. I am sticking with Battlefield 4 until Star Wars: Battlefront comes out.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#25hk7111Posted 8/22/2014 12:27:43 PM
Yep, Day one Likely digitally.
---
Desktop: i7-4790k, 16gb Ddr3, R9 280x, Some random HDD's, 840 Evo 250Gb
Laptop: Razerblade 14: i7-4702HQ, 8GB Ddr3, Gtx 765M, 256GB Msata SSD
#26scoobydoobydontPosted 8/22/2014 12:30:12 PM
I wouldn't bother even if it was free. The beta sucked.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#27PulpPosted 8/22/2014 12:37:53 PM
Undecided...leaning toward day 1 buy though.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#28x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 8/22/2014 12:43:15 PM
MajesticFerret posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Nope was disappointed in the beta, and the game is nothing more than a Cross Gen port with an up res at the cost of FPS.

Getting Metro Redux where the game even though is 912p, which is apparently a sin to PS Fanboys, it's 60FPS which I will gladly take over 1080p/30FPS. Also the concept of Metro games are more interesting than Destiny.

Cool, have fun playing 8 hrs a pop games with almost no replayability while I'm playing a probably at least 30 hr per class run game with craploads of post game content, legendary items to collect, and secret missions to co-op with people. Oh, that and Metro has no PvP while Destiny does.

Also, nearly all MMO's are 30 fps. I have friends with juggernaut rigs that can't run a lot of MMO's at 60 without noticeable frame dropping, which is worse than a buttery smooth 30.

I guess if you're too much of a fps whore that you'd rather buy a game with a fraction the content (and less fun, co-op >>> normal SP FPS) than that's your parogative.

How is your opinion any more valid than his? If he doesn't feel Destiny is worth $60 than that's his choice. You obviously think it'll be great so enjoy it.