Getting a second Xbox One just sounds so great all of a sudden.

#1triple sPosted 8/21/2014 10:44:49 PM
I bought an Xbox One a couple of months ago in anticipation of Master Chief Collection. A big reason for that outside of being a huge Halo fan, I enjoy couch co op. Problem is, there's going to be quite a bit of games that don't offer split screen co op. I have a 55" HDTV and a 27" monitor in the same room so I thought, get a second Xbox One, buy a digital copy of an online/non split screen game that can be shared between the home console and "online only console" and that will solve that problem. So, getting a PS4 will have to get pushed back a few months in favor of this, but now I have a good reason to get that white Xbox One. Anyone else do this?
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#2Jedi454Posted 8/21/2014 10:48:46 PM
Some people just have so much money to burn.
#3CapwnDPosted 8/21/2014 10:50:34 PM
Yep. Been doing that with Xbox 360 DLC, arcade games, XBL indie games, and GoD games. Too bad that it took so long last gen for full games to get Day One digital release.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#4CapwnDPosted 8/21/2014 10:51:59 PM
Jedi454 posted...

Or family who also game. Or maybe even just friends.

It's nice to have that stuff in place, not to move stuff around. Good times, have fun with that stuff.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#5triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 10:54:04 PM
I did it too last gen, but didn't have the Xbox 360's in the same room so although we did some system link, I never really did with the same intentions I have to do it with this. There's at least five games this year that I could have a lot of fun with doing this with.
---
#6MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/21/2014 11:10:48 PM
Jedi454 posted...

Wonder how many are adequately prepared for retirement.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#7triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 6:06:57 AM
Jedi454 posted...

Not really as it will have it's benefits. If I was paying money for two copies of games to do this, I'd agree that I'm kind of wasting money.
---
#8kidwgmPosted 8/22/2014 6:18:56 AM
MicrosoftLover posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Coming from a home owner we have 2 xbox ones, 4 360's, 2 ps3's, 2 wii's, 4 3ds's, 1 wii U and 2 gaming pc's we have plenty solid starts to our retirement funds for our age. Some people do know how to manage money appropriately therefore allowing them to have "extra's."
---
Currently Playing: Lego Marvel Super Heros, FTL iOS and Peggle 2.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#9youngunner2123Posted 8/22/2014 6:22:38 AM
I'm tempted to do this also

just bought a 55" behemoth and its actually white!

white ps4/X1 looks very tempting now lol
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#10kennyynnooPosted 8/22/2014 6:24:40 AM
kidwgm posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Coming from a home owner we have 2 xbox ones, 4 360's, 2 ps3's, 2 wii's, 4 3ds's, 1 wii U and 2 gaming pc's we have plenty solid starts to our retirement funds for our age. Some people do know how to manage money appropriately therefore allowing them to have "extra's."

That's insane, how do you have the time to play all that?
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.