You didn't buy an Xbox One because you thought the Kinect was an NSA device...

#1ElPedoSucioPosted 8/21/2014 11:28:27 PM
...so do you think data-less fliphones are gonna make a comeback?
#2SigmaLongshotPosted 8/21/2014 11:32:57 PM
I purposely destroyed my smart tv, laptop, mobile phone and any recording technology pre- 1994 with internet functionality for this very reason! Viva la revolution!

My favourites are people that shout on Facebook and Twitter how much privacy they're losing.
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
Old PS3/PSVita: SigmaLongshot (Stay tuned for PS4 tag!)
#3Top_BlokePosted 8/21/2014 11:34:43 PM
People on here DID buy an Xbox One, so this topic is misplaced.

And I believe the NSA stuff died out about 8 months ago.
#4ElPedoSucio(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 11:39:01 PM
Top_Bloke posted...

No, not really...

shauntennine posted...
My biggest gripe with the xbone was kinect. I know ill be labeled a conspiracy theorist or tin foil hat wearer or something similar (hell, a few years ago I'd have been the one calling people who think this those terms) but our government is terribly shady and completely out of control, and Microsoft has some strong ties with them.

There was no way in hell I was putting an always on camera/microphone in my bedroom, facing my bed. And yes, I know, my phone/laptop/tablet/toaster all have the same capabilities and they all fall under the same law (PATRIOT Act) that require them to do so, but they aren't facing my bed 24/7. And they aren't my VIDEO GAME CONSOLE.

When kinect was mandatory, I wanted to see xbox fail so hard that no console manufacturer would ever try that again. Now that it's been removed, I hope xbox succeeds.
#5Top_BlokePosted 8/21/2014 11:46:24 PM
ElPedoSucio posted...
Top_Bloke posted...

No, not really...

shauntennine posted...
My biggest gripe with the xbone was kinect. I know ill be labeled a conspiracy theorist or tin foil hat wearer or something similar (hell, a few years ago I'd have been the one calling people who think this those terms) but our government is terribly shady and completely out of control, and Microsoft has some strong ties with them.

There was no way in hell I was putting an always on camera/microphone in my bedroom, facing my bed. And yes, I know, my phone/laptop/tablet/toaster all have the same capabilities and they all fall under the same law (PATRIOT Act) that require them to do so, but they aren't facing my bed 24/7. And they aren't my VIDEO GAME CONSOLE.

When kinect was mandatory, I wanted to see xbox fail so hard that no console manufacturer would ever try that again. Now that it's been removed, I hope xbox succeeds.

Ok, why not just reply to that post then?
Why create a whole topic about it?
#6leelee3105Posted 8/21/2014 11:50:19 PM
the NSA has been around in one for or another since the 50s
Nothing that was recently uncovered was new
Its for our own good. has there been another 911? wonder why? NSA
Only a few tin foil hat wearers still care
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#7puffnbillys420Posted 8/22/2014 12:22:56 AM
I think most people didnt buy it because they realised it was crap
---
Sticky icky requested
#8NuclearHendrixPosted 8/22/2014 12:40:10 AM
leelee3105 posted...
Its for our own good. has there been another 911? wonder why? NSA

lol
#9SoulTrapperPosted 8/22/2014 1:02:00 AM
Hey, don't compare the kinect to a simple camera phone!

What about all of it's awesome features, such as facial recognition, tracking your body movement, infrared camera, ability to interact with what's going on on the screen, etc.

The kinect isn't just a simple camera, it's a highly advanced camera, straight up in your living room!
#10SaebastanPosted 8/22/2014 1:22:28 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

The kinect isn't just a simple camera, it's a highly advanced camera, straight up in your living room!

... which recognizes the left side of my couch as a "player" , freaks out when the cat comes and goes and just ignores me and my voice 50% of the time.
With such quality as this , my worries about someone watching me were swiftly eased.

Most people didn't buy xbox because it's a piece of crap.