Phil Spencer Wants to Make Sure Destiny Runs in 1080p on Xbox One, Bungie Says

#11leelee3105Posted 8/22/2014 3:25:47 AM
Lapanui posted...
Why don't you ever have any opinion on what you post. You just post a link and never post anything. You seem to just want to stir s*** up and watch from a distance...

not everyone wants to throw their irrelevant opinion out when presenting facts. I personally do, but not everyone.
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#12leelee3105Posted 8/22/2014 3:26:25 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Why does Phil Spencer get any say in what a third party studio does with their game?

It's completely up to them what resolution it's set to, not him

Big Phil gets what Big Phil wants. Apparently you dont know him.
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#13ElemayowePosted 8/22/2014 3:44:57 AM
Of course he does. Have you seen this board! So much chatter about resolution and links to DF showing faults in X1 performance. Resolution and 1080p are huge buzzwords ATM and he knows that. He's trying to deliver what the vocal members of the gaming community appear to want, that's good business as far as I'm concerned. If he went for beautiful graphics or 60 FPS in every game at the cost of pixels there'd be pages of topics on here bashing him for that.

In terms of the whiney entitled vocal majority here, he's damned if he does damned if he doesn't.

Now Destiny holds at a stable 30 FPS on both consoles so it isn't a problem here, if he were to start sacrificing FPS and it was dropping below 30 regularly in a game I'd be concerned. In this case, that's fine, in my opinion, yes my personal opinion, 30 is fine for me, 60 is great but not wholly necessary.
---
XBL: DeathOnSkates 3DS: 0602 - 6733 - 6087
#14billOrileyPosted 8/22/2014 3:48:02 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Resolution

It matters

but the xbone locals told me that resolution don't matter.
#15McNabFishPosted 8/22/2014 3:51:34 AM
Izraeil posted...
SpongeBob_SP posted...
I appreciate how proactive Spencer has been since taking over Xbox, but I hope this doesn't become a trend of sacrificing frame rate for resolution.

My TV doesn't even output in 1080p, but I always prefer a smooth experience over one with frame hiccups.

If not framerate then it'll be something else like shadows, lighting, textures.
Point is XB1 is a weaker console compared to PS4, and if PS4 is the lead platform for a game, then something is going to be sacrificed to get the same revolution on XB1.
Right now resolution is the hot topic, so Spencer is telling developers to get the resolution on the same level, and cut corners elsewhere. All the while saying resolution doesn't matter in his interviews.

Are people completely forgetting that technically the 360 was the weaker console last gen yet completely flew off the shelves for years?
---
You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
#16IzraeilPosted 8/22/2014 3:53:38 AM
McNabFish posted...
Izraeil posted...
SpongeBob_SP posted...
I appreciate how proactive Spencer has been since taking over Xbox, but I hope this doesn't become a trend of sacrificing frame rate for resolution.

My TV doesn't even output in 1080p, but I always prefer a smooth experience over one with frame hiccups.

If not framerate then it'll be something else like shadows, lighting, textures.
Point is XB1 is a weaker console compared to PS4, and if PS4 is the lead platform for a game, then something is going to be sacrificed to get the same revolution on XB1.
Right now resolution is the hot topic, so Spencer is telling developers to get the resolution on the same level, and cut corners elsewhere. All the while saying resolution doesn't matter in his interviews.

Are people completely forgetting that technically the 360 was the weaker console last gen yet completely flew off the shelves for years?

No, they just also happen to remember that it launched a year earlier, and was easier to work with and therefore was used as a lead platform for most games.
#17GambitbuzzkillPosted 8/22/2014 3:59:35 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Why does Phil Spencer get any say in what a third party studio does with their game?

It's completely up to them what resolution it's set to, not him

This.

And his dedicated loyal fanboys don't even care about resolution anyway.

But the bridge trolls do and that's why they keep bring it up.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#18GambitbuzzkillPosted 8/22/2014 4:02:13 AM
billOriley posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Resolution

It matters

but the xbone locals told me that resolution don't matter.

resolution matters to Phil Spencer.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#19L96A1BOSSPosted 8/22/2014 4:07:24 AM
Lapanui posted...
Why don't you ever have any opinion on what you post. You just post a link and never post anything. You seem to just want to stir s*** up and watch from a distance...

So tell me this. Your more interested in his personal opinion or the problem at hand with M$ pushing 1080p with a chance of dropping below 30fps?
#20LapanuiPosted 8/22/2014 4:20:33 AM
L96A1BOSS posted...
Lapanui posted...

So tell me this. Your more interested in his personal opinion or the problem at hand with M$ pushing 1080p with a chance of dropping below 30fps?

I'm interested in both the news and his opinion. Again, Destiny hitting 1080p and 30fps is quite old news.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-09-destinys-xbox-one-resolution-raised-after-kinect-gpu-reserve-removal

quincy seems to just post link after link, good or bad, mainly bad with nothing to say about it. He just leaves everyone else to fight about it.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1