Phil Spencer Wants to Make Sure Destiny Runs in 1080p on Xbox One, Bungie Says

#21Stabs2503Posted 8/22/2014 5:20:55 AM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
billOriley posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Resolution

It matters

but the xbone locals told me that resolution don't matter.

resolution matters to Phil Spencer.

Resolution has only become this huge thing now cuz of the Sony trolls constantly ripping into XB1 because "it couldn't handle it"....the real gamers know that it isn't graphics/resolution that makes games great, ya sure it's an added bonus but GAMEPLAY is more crucial than anything. This is what the new generation of gamers don't get and it's ruining gaming for the rest of us
---
MAINSTREAM'D
3DS FC (Stabs): 2964-8667-8190
#22GambitbuzzkillPosted 8/22/2014 5:29:24 AM
Stabs2503 posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
billOriley posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Resolution

It matters

Resolution has only become this huge thing now cuz of the Sony trolls constantly ripping into XB1 because "it couldn't handle it"....the real gamers know that it isn't graphics/resolution that makes games great, ya sure it's an added bonus but GAMEPLAY is more crucial than anything. This is what the new generation of gamers don't get and it's ruining gaming for the rest of us

I fully agree with you cause I come from age group who grow up playing 8bit games so gameplay will always be king to me.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#23KipbondurPosted 8/22/2014 5:30:04 AM
Lapanui posted...

quincy seems to just post link after link, good or bad, mainly bad with nothing to say about it. He just leaves everyone else to fight about it.

As opposed to posting a link alongside his opinion and people fighting about it anyways?
---
GT: Kip Bondur
#24IzraeilPosted 8/22/2014 5:34:56 AM
Stabs2503 posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
billOriley posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Resolution

It matters

I've never seen anyone say that want more resolution at the cost of gameplay. Arguing against people who don't exist makes you sound more than a little crazy...
#25JediNarutoPosted 8/22/2014 5:40:19 AM
McNabFish posted...
Izraeil posted...
SpongeBob_SP posted...
I appreciate how proactive Spencer has been since taking over Xbox, but I hope this doesn't become a trend of sacrificing frame rate for resolution.

My TV doesn't even output in 1080p, but I always prefer a smooth experience over one with frame hiccups.

If not framerate then it'll be something else like shadows, lighting, textures.
Point is XB1 is a weaker console compared to PS4, and if PS4 is the lead platform for a game, then something is going to be sacrificed to get the same revolution on XB1.
Right now resolution is the hot topic, so Spencer is telling developers to get the resolution on the same level, and cut corners elsewhere. All the while saying resolution doesn't matter in his interviews.

Are people completely forgetting that technically the 360 was the weaker console last gen yet completely flew off the shelves for years?

That was because it was easier to develop for, thus multiplats on 360 ran better. This time however....
---
Ridley Ridley Ridley
#26Stabs2503Posted 8/22/2014 5:46:29 AM
Izraeil posted...
Stabs2503 posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
billOriley posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Resolution

It matters

I've never seen anyone say that want more resolution at the cost of gameplay. Arguing against people who don't exist makes you sound more than a little crazy...

Well no one WANTS resolution at the cost of gameplay but it seems that is what is happening now. Because people are crying and freaking out about this whole 1080p thing, developers are trying to up their res so these people can be happy but in order for some of these games to upscale the res you have to sacrifice other things which can be stuff that affects gameplay.
---
MAINSTREAM'D
3DS FC (Stabs): 2964-8667-8190
#27zerooo0Posted 8/22/2014 5:49:07 AM
I would gladly take 720p and 60FPS over 1080p and 30FPS.

Seriously FPS>Resolution. At least Ubisoft seems to get it with Rainbow Six
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#28Rafficus_IIIPosted 8/22/2014 5:50:26 AM
Stabs2503 posted...
Well no one WANTS resolution at the cost of gameplay but it seems that is what is happening now. Because people are crying and freaking out about this whole 1080p thing, developers are trying to up their res so these people can be happy but in order for some of these games to upscale the res you have to sacrifice other things which can be stuff that affects gameplay.

The side effects of the fanboy console wars. So caught up in trying to prove whose plastic box is better by shouting meaningless "superiority" reasons, that developers and gaming companies actually took it serious and let it affect gameplay. What a tragedy.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#29Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/22/2014 5:52:01 AM
Even the head of Xbox knows resolution matters, stop using the excuse "I cannot tell the difference"
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#30IzraeilPosted 8/22/2014 5:52:15 AM
Stabs2503 posted...

Yeah last gen PS3 got the worse version of multi plats, but that didn't affect the 360 versions, cause Sony didn't force developers to make games equal on both platforms.
But MS has a habit of bringing others down when they can't rise to their level.

This is why I hope the sales gap grows wide enough that MS doesn't have any power over developers to force parity.