Phil Spencer Wants to Make Sure Destiny Runs in 1080p on Xbox One, Bungie Says

#81teh1337gosuPosted 8/22/2014 5:27:54 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Why does Phil Spencer get any say in what a third party studio does with their game?

It's completely up to them what resolution it's set to, not him

He sends his thugs, the Spencer Boys, to trash their studio and put one of the less important developers into the hospital. While leaving they stray around pictures of Bungies' loved ones with "1080p or..." written on them and crosshairs on their faces.

lol
---
How do you make that alcoholic chicken anyway?
#82Tajaz2426Posted 8/22/2014 5:47:21 PM
I don't see any problem with wanting to make sure games hit 1080P. It should be common practice for the consoles this generation.

He doesn't need to beat around the bush he just needs to state that yes resolution is important, but not to the point of killing FPS.

He can't just say 1080p isn't important, them say it is, them say it isn't.

Come out and be truthful and say, " we know our hardware is weaker and we know developers are having a hard time hitting the 1080p threshold, but we will do everything we can to help this developers to hit the threshold with hurting gameplay in anyway".

It would be that simple, just don't let the usual PR guys that said the X1 isn't selling because people are happy with the 360 and the PS4 is only seeking good because people are unhappy with the PS3. Each don't let that guy talk about it.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#83schmittay87Posted 8/22/2014 6:34:28 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
I don't see any problem with wanting to make sure games hit 1080P. It should be common practice for the consoles this generation.

He doesn't need to beat around the bush he just needs to state that yes resolution is important, but not to the point of killing FPS.

Come out and be truthful and say, " we know our hardware is weaker and we know developers are having a hard time hitting the 1080p threshold, but we will do everything we can to help this developers to hit the threshold with hurting gameplay in anyway".

It would be that simple, just don't let the usual PR guys that said the X1 isn't selling because people are happy with the 360 and the PS4 is only seeking good because people are unhappy with the PS3. Each don't let that guy talk about it.

I hope you don't work in any PR department. You absolutely would not outright say your hardware is weaker with its direct competition even if it is, you focus on its strengths which the X1 is struggling to find. I mean you guys had multiplayer last gen and better multiplatform games but you can't objectively say it's the case for this gen. The only thing PS3 had was fantastic exclusives which it also has with the PS4.

Also while I agree 1080p should be standard, especially if you own a 40"+ TV and sit at the recommended distance, pretty much every single X1 owner says it's not important so I don't see why it's an issue for owners.
#84Tajaz2426Posted 8/22/2014 6:37:20 PM
schmittay87 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...

I hope you don't work in any PR department. You absolutely would not outright say your hardware is weaker with its direct competition even if it is, you focus on its strengths which the X1 is struggling to find. I mean you guys had multiplayer last gen and better multiplatform games but you can't objectively say it's the case for this gen. The only thing PS3 had was fantastic exclusives which it also has with the PS4.

Also while I agree 1080p should be standard, especially if you own a 40"+ TV and sit at the recommended distance, pretty much every single X1 owner says it's not important so I don't see why it's an issue for owners.

I don't have an X1 I have a PS4, one of my kids have an X1. With today's social media, everyone knows the hardware is weaker, there is no sense in not coming out and telling the truth.

People want the truth and are more forgiving when they get the truth. Just say what it is and that you will work hard with every developer to make sure every game is well coded and help
Make it the best experience they can on the X1.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#85schmittay87Posted 8/22/2014 6:44:49 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
schmittay87 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...

I don't have an X1 I have a PS4, one of my kids have an X1. With today's social media, everyone knows the hardware is weaker, there is no sense in not coming out and telling the truth.

People want the truth and are more forgiving when they get the truth. Just say what it is and that you will work hard with every developer to make sure every game is well coded and help
Make it the best experience they can on the X1.

You said it yourself, everyone already knows, so the absolutely most essential thing to do is divert and focus on something else.

A potential buyer is going to see an article about how Phil Spencer, head of the X1 division, comes out and says our hardware is weaker. Next they look at the price and see it's the same as the PS4, which has better hardware. Which do you think a smart buyer would choose?

Microsoft needs better PR and a price drop if it wants the success of the PS4.